Jeep Commander Forum banner

audio amplifier diagnostics

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  housedl 
#1 ·
i was reading through the service manual this weekend and it looks like there is an option where the dealer can run a diagnostic to find out if the amp is bad or the speakers are bad..

anyway used this diagnostics before? it sounds better than just buying parts and guessing on your own..

#2 ·
no responses... hmmmm

anyway. i took the jeep to the dealer and they were able to read several codes... one code had to do with the amp losing power...

i felt it was the amp after taking it to an aftermarket place here in town.... replaced the amp.. all speakers work perfectly now...

in case anyone has this issue.

#4 ·
If you have a stereo with an amp - typically the amp is the first component to fail, unless you blow a speaker.

If more than one speaker is giving you issues, you can pretty much bet money that the amp is the problem.

Good info though housedl, thanks for sharing.

#5 ·
i had the rear interior trim peice off.. for months now and dont see the slightest bit of water back there... good idea though...

had a bmw that would leak like a water hose was turned on under the dash when the sunroof drain tubes would get stuck..

'
If you have a stereo with an amp - typically the amp is the first component to fail, unless you blow a speaker.

If more than one speaker is giving you issues, you can pretty much bet money that the amp is the problem.

Good info though housedl, thanks for sharing.

that is excellent and proved true with my situation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.