Door lock/unlock issues. - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
Door lock/unlock issues.

I recently had a remote start installed on my '07 Commander and everything was working fine until I sent the signal to start the Jeep and almost immediately pressed the button to unlock my Jeep. Part of the remote start sequence is to lock the doors and I think the signal to unlock the doors reached it at the same time. Now my doors don't lock/unlock by remote or from the door panel.

Here is what I've done to try and figure it out...
  • Jeep receives signal from remote and tries to unlock/lock i.e. flashes lights or honks.
  • When replacing the interior fuse the doors will lock. This tells me the lock actuators aren't burned out.
  • When disconnecting/reconnecting the junctions box and/or the car battery the doors lock.
  • I can hear a slight click from the relay, which has been replaced, when I press the door panel button.
  • I disconnected the remote start system, did not undo wiring though just the box. All of the above still applies.

Any ideas?

PP
PapaPriapism is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida; Proud to have served.
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,472
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPriapism View Post
I recently had a remote start installed on my '07 Commander and everything was working fine until I sent the signal to start the Jeep and almost immediately pressed the button to unlock my Jeep. Part of the remote start sequence is to lock the doors and I think the signal to unlock the doors reached it at the same time. Now my doors don't lock/unlock by remote or from the door panel.

Here is what I've done to try and figure it out...
  • Jeep receives signal from remote and tries to unlock/lock i.e. flashes lights or honks.
  • When replacing the interior fuse the doors will lock. This tells me the lock actuators aren't burned out.
  • When disconnecting/reconnecting the junctions box and/or the car battery the doors lock.
  • I can hear a slight click from the relay, which has been replaced, when I press the door panel button.
  • I disconnected the remote start system, did not undo wiring though just the box. All of the above still applies.

Any ideas?

PP
Disconnect your battery for a full 15 minutes and then reconnect it.

That should reset everything.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Disconnect your battery for a full 15 minutes and then reconnect it.

That should reset everything.
Just finished trying this. The first attempt to unlock sounded like it tried to and then immediately locked everything right back up. Now it's back to where the locks don't respond at all.
Unless you guys have another idea I think my next move is to disconnect the wiring harness for the remote start.
PapaPriapism is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida; Proud to have served.
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,472
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPriapism View Post
Just finished trying this. The first attempt to unlock sounded like it tried to and then immediately locked everything right back up. Now it's back to where the locks don't respond at all.
Unless you guys have another idea I think my next move is to disconnect the wiring harness for the remote start.
Let me ask you; have you tried unlocking the door with the key; getting inside and starting up your XK to see if you have any diagnostic trouble codes displayed in the EVIC?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Let me ask you; have you tried unlocking the door with the key; getting inside and starting up your XK to see if you have any diagnostic trouble codes displayed in the EVIC?
All I get is the DTC Report - Done.
PapaPriapism is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
I noticed something today. If I mash that unlock button over and over really fast I can see the unlock knob(?) will jiggle ever so slightly. Like it's getting the signal but also the lock signal.
PapaPriapism is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida; Proud to have served.
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,472
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPriapism View Post
I noticed something today. If I mash that unlock button over and over really fast I can see the unlock knob(?) will jiggle ever so slightly. Like it's getting the signal but also the lock signal.
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but, you might consider taking her in to the dealership, spend $120.00 and have them run a full diagnostics test on it, before you screw it up worse then you already have.

The diagnostics test will also pull any/all current & stored DTC's.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 02-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Big Blue is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
Sorry to bring this back up, but I got busy with some other things.
In the diagram attached it appears the fuses for the door lock/unlock are in the bottom left corner on the back side of the junction block. However, you can see there is just a raised part of the molding.
So my stupid question is.... there are tabs around the edge of the junction block, would it be stupid to try and crack this thing open to replace possible fuses inside?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190226_151603.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	33871   Click image for larger version

Name:	07JC JB Diagram.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	33873  
PapaPriapism is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94 Points: 23,887, Level: 94
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida; Proud to have served.
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,472
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPriapism View Post
Sorry to bring this back up, but I got busy with some other things.
In the diagram attached it appears the fuses for the door lock/unlock are in the bottom left corner on the back side of the junction block. However, you can see there is just a raised part of the molding.
So my stupid question is.... there are tabs around the edge of the junction block, would it be stupid to try and crack this thing open to replace possible fuses inside?
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...explained.html

There is a .PDF attached to the above thread that you may want to take a look at.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 04-02-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Big Blue is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 161000
Posts: 9
I replaced the junction box and all works well again. I'm going to tear apart the old one and see what I can find.
PapaPriapism is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittent Vibration that I can make go away by turning wheel lock to lock JeepNewbie Problems / Dealer Service 13 08-10-2018 09:54 AM
Steering Wheel Lock/Unlock wingrider General Commander Discussion 0 06-23-2012 08:55 PM
06' 5.7 won't lock or unlock with button on key Krussdog46 Problems / Dealer Service 1 06-07-2012 10:29 PM
Door Lock Problem - one door only Hoover98 General Commander Discussion 2 01-31-2010 11:37 PM
Doors Auto lock and unlock activation procedure ? Ahmed General Commander Discussion 6 09-07-2009 03:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome