Need new amplifier - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Points: 2,192, Level: 28 Points: 2,192, Level: 28 Points: 2,192, Level: 28
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 136000
Need new amplifier

I have an 07 with the upgraded Boston acoustics system. My amp has crapped out on me. I understand it is not uncommon for them to go, but what I am finding is uncommon is a replacement OEM amplifier. I need the Mopar (5064118AL) amp, and they are advertised all over the web (around $150), but when you actually try to order one, they tell you it is on back-order. I understand that Kicker makes an upgrade for the OEM amp (77KICK18AB) but it goes for over $300 and I have other things I would rather spend the extra cash on.

Does anyone know where an OEM amp may be laying around used, unused or even new-old-stock?

I am down to just my front speakers and like to sing along in traffic, with out the rest of the speaker to drown it out, I find that noise very offensive.

Help needed for this tone deaf mudder.

07 5.7 hemi LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,244, Level: 100 Points: 59,244, Level: 100 Points: 59,244, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

Model year: 2006
4WD
Try a salvage yard.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,244, Level: 100 Points: 59,244, Level: 100 Points: 59,244, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

4WD
There is one at this link--> https://parts.lithiachryslermedford.com/v-2007-jeep-commander--base--3-7l-v6-gas/body--sound-system

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Bradshaw View Post
I have an 07 with the upgraded Boston acoustics system. My amp has crapped out on me. I understand it is not uncommon for them to go, but what I am finding is uncommon is a replacement OEM amplifier. I need the Mopar (5064118AL) amp, and they are advertised all over the web (around $150), but when you actually try to order one, they tell you it is on back-order. I understand that Kicker makes an upgrade for the OEM amp (77KICK18AB) but it goes for over $300 and I have other things I would rather spend the extra cash on.

Does anyone know where an OEM amp may be laying around used, unused or even new-old-stock?

I am down to just my front speakers and like to sing along in traffic, with out the rest of the speaker to drown it out, I find that noise very offensive.

Help needed for this tone deaf mudder.
@Donald Bradshaw; Check some of these links, maybe you'll get lucky;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

If you have no luck, I may still have my original factory amp; (not 100% sure though) Although I have a 2008, I'm pretty sure the 276 watt factory amplifiers were the same throughout all the model years;

However, I won't be able to check until May 26th when I get back home from overseas.

If I still have it, I'll sell it/ship it to you for a reasonable price - since you live in Florida.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 05-07-2019 at 04:48 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Big Blue,
Thanks for the reply. All those factory web pages that show it, only show what they are supposed to have available. If you call them, they will tell you it is on back-order and to call back in a month or so. They have been telling me that for a few months. I tried all the other links you provided. They did not have it either, but thank you for the links, they will come in handy for other things.

I think the only timely method of finding one will be a used/salvage one. Any idea on the best way to track one down that is a salvage? Good Jeep breakers yards?

If you think yours may work, let me know when you get back, I am interested.

Thanks for the help.

07 5.7 hemi LTD
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Big Blue,
Thanks for the reply. All those factory web pages that show it, only show what they are supposed to have available. If you call them, they will tell you it is on back-order and to call back in a month or so. They have been telling me that for a few months. I tried all the other links you provided. They did not have it either, but thank you for the links, they will come in handy for other things.

I think the only timely method of finding one will be a used/salvage one. Any idea on the best way to track one down that is a salvage? Good Jeep breakers yards?

Thanks for the help.
I have no idea about the salvage yards, I've never went to one for anything Commander related.

My amp was working fine when I had it removed, no reason to think it still wouldn't be. The only thing I have to confirm, is that I still have it. I bought a house last November and moved a lot of stuff out of storage & into my house/garage - I tossed some of my old stock Commander stuff in the garbage, so I didn't have to lug it around and figuring, I'd never have a need for it again; But, I'm pretty sure I held on to the amp;

When I get home on May 26th, I'll check and if I have it, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Big Blue; 05-09-2019 at 03:17 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Thanks Big Blue, just let me know.
Big Blue likes this.

07 5.7 hemi LTD
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Points: 3,104, Level: 34 Points: 3,104, Level: 34 Points: 3,104, Level: 34
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 174,400
Quote:
Big Blue,

Thanks for the help.

If Big Blue cant find his amp for you, I've had luck with some things (like an '08+ intake manifold for $75 instead of $5-700) here:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

https://www.uneedapart.com/salvage-parts/

https://www.usedpart.us/

A lot of these guys are on the same boneyard network so you can find about anything you're looking for but be sure to cross check the weasels against one another to get the best deal...

Good luck. With the singing
Stircrayzy likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 AM
Points: 2,234, Level: 28 Points: 2,234, Level: 28 Points: 2,234, Level: 28
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

4WD
Current Mileage: 123000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron9de9 View Post
If Big Blue cant find his amp for you, I've had luck with some things (like an '08+ intake manifold for $75 instead of $5-700) here:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

https://www.uneedapart.com/salvage-parts/

https://www.usedpart.us/

A lot of these guys are on the same boneyard network so you can find about anything you're looking for but be sure to cross check the weasels against one another to get the best deal...

Good luck. With the singing
Selfishly tagging along, because I too need a new OEM amp for my 06 B.A. system. Never had sound from the Left Rear, and jeep had water issues when i bought it...
Calling Dibs on the next used amp if anyone is parting out.
The problem i keep having is that local scrap yards have very few XKs, and even fewer with LTD/Hemi, higher end option pkgs.

I really dislike online boneyard used part dealing because the dysfunctional parts are pretty difficult to get replaced once you have themin hand. Maybe the return policies are better now than 10 years ago last time i tried them out?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Points: 3,104, Level: 34 Points: 3,104, Level: 34 Points: 3,104, Level: 34
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 174,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
Selfishly tagging along, because I too need a new OEM amp for my 06 B.A. system. Never had sound from the Left Rear, and jeep had water issues when i bought it...
Calling Dibs on the next used amp if anyone is parting out.
The problem i keep having is that local scrap yards have very few XKs, and even fewer with LTD/Hemi, higher end option pkgs.

I really dislike online boneyard used part dealing because the dysfunctional parts are pretty difficult to get replaced once you have themin hand. Maybe the return policies are better now than 10 years ago last time i tried them out?

Yep, definitely prefer to be able to lay hands/eyes on whatever it is I am buying but sometimes just not possible, especially with a specialty type part we're talking about here. Not many to be found and hard to do so.

The return policy is really Visas' return policy: if you are sold something, paid for with their card, that is not what it was purported to be then you are protected by the terms and conditions set out by them- THE MAN- as it were, not Zeke and Zed's Autopia Wrecking Co.

If they accept Visa as a payment form, they must also accept everything else that comes with that agreement, just like the rest of us poor peons. Also, if it was shipped across state lines, then there's always the Federal mail fraud statutes that you can lay on them for extra fun... Zed may be shifty, but usually not that stupid as to take on powers much greater than himself. They will generally roll right over as they can't win and know it when its pointed out. The only out would be "as is" as opposed to "tested/guaranteed working" so you need to get that assurance beforehand if the part is not listed as "working" to begin with.

Only had to do that myself on one occasion for a motorcycle ECU, but didn't take too long in that case to get things straightened out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in