Pioneer MVH-1400NEX with iDatalink - Page 3 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 04:00 AM
Points: 1,021, Level: 17 Points: 1,021, Level: 17 Points: 1,021, Level: 17
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 3.0L CRD
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 120000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Awesome, looking forward to reading about what you put together.
It turned into a pain in butt of a job.

made great progress with the right kit, i used -

Autoleads PC5-121 - Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler ISO Aerial Adaptor (PC5-121)
and
Connects2 CTSJP00C Jeep Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee Steering Control Stalk Adaptor
- Additional Stereo Patch Lead: Free CTMULTILEAD.2 (CTSJP00C)
from dynamicsounds.co.uk>

got power, steering wheel controls, DVD, USB, SatNAv,, Radio etc with very good volume via the inbuilt amp - But no voice from satnav or on handsfree phone calls - other party could here me though.

spent a day and a half trying to sort that out - including several hours on the phone to pioneer - who were also stumped for a solution. kept saying something about it wont work (ever) due to the inbuilt amp reveresing polarity and messing up the mobile and satnav voice!!

had a look around on loads of websites and forums and solutions ranged from deleting google apps from phone (really?) to switching from android to I-Phone. tried 4 android handsets and an I-phone - no success.

Then a light bulb moment (my son did anyway) - if its a speaker polarity issue, swop the speakers around. did a quick google and found -

(my great thanks and acknowledgement to the original poster of this solution)

Swapped the connectors as suggested in the video (slight colour differance on my unit) and hey presto!! works like a dream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Points: 676, Level: 13 Points: 676, Level: 13 Points: 676, Level: 13
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Current Mileage: 125,000
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP07 View Post

Autoleads PC5-121 - Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler ISO Aerial Adaptor (PC5-121)

and

Connects2 CTSJP00C Jeep Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee Steering Control Stalk Adaptor

got power, steering wheel controls, DVD, USB, SatNAv,, Radio etc with very good volume via the inbuilt amp - But no voice from satnav or on handsfree phone calls - other party could here me though.

spent a day and a half trying to sort that out - including several hours on the phone to pioneer - who were also stumped for a solution. kept saying something about it wont work (ever) due to the inbuilt amp reveresing polarity and messing up the mobile and satnav voice!!

had a look around on loads of websites and forums and solutions ranged from deleting google apps from phone (really?) to switching from android to I-Phone. tried 4 android handsets and an I-phone - no success.

Then a light bulb moment (my son did anyway) - if its a speaker polarity issue, swop the speakers around. did a quick google and found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P87IMOoDlsA (my great thanks and acknowledgement to the original poster of this solution)

Swapped the connectors as suggested in the video (slight colour differance on my unit) and hey presto!! works like a dream.

Good to hear after a long battle you won! Do you have the rear dvd sound working through your speakers? Thatís one thing that I didnít get working yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
06 Commander Limited Hemi 5.7 QDII on Amsoil. Trail Dash 2, 2" RC lift, 1.25" whl spacers, 265/70R17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P87IMOoDlsA (my great thanks and acknowledgement to the original poster of this solution)

Sounds like your perseverance paid off @CP07; That's great, glad to hear it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Points: 4,372, Level: 42 Points: 4,372, Level: 42 Points: 4,372, Level: 42
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

4WD
Current Mileage: 113676
Garage
Quote:

and

This is exactly what I kept saying in all my other posts here, those wires you reversed are the fronts and rears. Whites/Greys are fronts, Purple/Green are rears. That's not a polarity reverse, it's just signal routing. The Nav and BT are only output to the front speakers from the headunit, the amp only takes input from the rear speaker lines.
Big Blue likes this.

2006 Dark Khaki Limited, Hemi, QD-II w/ all the options.
Inertia Performance Heads, Full SRT 6.1 Valve Train, Custom Crower Cam, Double Roller Timing Set, Trend Performance forged Pushrods, High PSI Oil Pump, ARH Long Tube Headers and Mids, Borla Catback, aFe Stage 2 Intake, AEM X-Series WB UEGO & 100psi Oil Guages, PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors, MDS On Light, Kenwood in-dash Nav, HID Projectors and full LED lighting upgrade

Need to get it on a dyno....
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:39 AM

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenjays View Post
Good to hear after a long battle you won! Do you have the rear dvd sound working through your speakers? Thatís one thing that I didnít get working yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi.
Not yet, but Im working on it.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:44 AM

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombler View Post
This is exactly what I kept saying in all my other posts here, those wires you reversed are the fronts and rears. Whites/Greys are fronts, Purple/Green are rears. That's not a polarity reverse, it's just signal routing. The Nav and BT are only output to the front speakers from the headunit, the amp only takes input from the rear speaker lines.
A fair point. it was counter intuitive though to start swaping things around, not wanting to blow anything in the unit and void the warranty.

A major part of my problem was that the original installer hadn't made any proviso for power to the amp in the first place at all -so from that point on it was an uphill battle - until i dispensed with him and replaced the harnes adapter he had used.

Sorry i didnt pick up on your point earler. no offence intended.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Points: 4,372, Level: 42 Points: 4,372, Level: 42 Points: 4,372, Level: 42
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

4WD
Current Mileage: 113676
Garage
Quote:
A fair point. it was counter intuitive though to start swaping things around, not wanting to blow anything in the unit and void the warranty.

A major part of my problem was that the original installer hadn't made any proviso for power to the amp in the first place at all -so from that point on it was an uphill battle - until i dispensed with him and replaced the harnes adapter he had used.

Sorry i didnt pick up on your point earler. no offence intended.

ya, no worries! just trying to help avoid others' headaches before they happen!

you won't blow up anything with stereo wiring as long as you keep the powers (red: constant and yellow: switched) and ground proper!

2006 Dark Khaki Limited, Hemi, QD-II w/ all the options.
Inertia Performance Heads, Full SRT 6.1 Valve Train, Custom Crower Cam, Double Roller Timing Set, Trend Performance forged Pushrods, High PSI Oil Pump, ARH Long Tube Headers and Mids, Borla Catback, aFe Stage 2 Intake, AEM X-Series WB UEGO & 100psi Oil Guages, PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors, MDS On Light, Kenwood in-dash Nav, HID Projectors and full LED lighting upgrade

Need to get it on a dyno....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in