Join Date: Jun 2006
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
If 4WD - system: QD-II
From the Owner's Manual:
Setting Memory Positions and Linking Remote
Keyless Entry Transmitter to Memory
NOTE: Each time the SET (S) button and a numbered
button (1 or 2) are pressed, you erase the memory settings
for that button and store a new one.
1. Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to
the ON position.
2. Press the driver door memory button number 1 if you
are setting the memory for driver 1, or button number 2
if you are setting the memory for driver 2. The system
will recall any stored settings. Wait for the system to
complete the memory recall before continuing to step 3.
3. Adjust the driver’s seat, recliner, and driver’s side
view mirror to the desired positions.
4. Adjust the brake and accelerator pedals to the desired
5. Turn on the radio and set the radio station presets (up
to 10 AM and 10 FM stations can be set).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and
remove the key.
7. Press and release the SET (S) button located on the
8. Within 5 seconds, press and release memory button 1
or 2 on the driver’s door. The next step must be performed
within 5 seconds if you desire to also use a
Remote Keyless Entry transmitter to recall memory positions.
9. Press and release the “Lock” button on one of the
10. Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to
the ON position.
11. Select "Remote Linked to Memory" in the Electronic
Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) and enter Yes or
select Use Factory Settings from the EVIC and enter
Yes. Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center
(EVIC) — Customer Programmable Features” in Section
4 for more information.
12. Repeat the above steps to set the next memory
position using the other numbered memory button or to
link another Remote Keyless Entry transmitter to
2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
Last edited by jeep5253; 07-25-2009 at 06:24 PM.