Jeep Commander Forum banner

Commander with Pinstripes

8K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  setsail98 
#1 ·
Im looking to lay some pinstripes on my Commander.
Nothing fancy just stripes down the sides. Does any one have pictures of their Commander with pinstripes. Please post pic.
Thanks

#2 ·
Eeek... pinstripes. I saw a Commander with them last week and thought it looked weird. They had the lines about two inches below the body crease. It just started looking too busy. Maybe if you could lay them down right along the body crease they would work.

#8 ·
Im not talking about Old School pinstripes. Im talking about the two thin lines that jeep use to put on their 90's JGC. You guys make it sound like im going to two tone my commander put bag on it with some ghost flames. mmmm come to think about it ghost flames would be cool....lol
The orange color with the 01 is so Dodge....

#11 ·
Yes on the pinstripes, right on the crease, double stripe, thick over thin. Bright silver, look great.

#12 ·
Ok let say I do pinstripe the commander, what colors would work on a black commander? Also where would you start and end the pinstripe? I like the idea of double stripe thick over thin as Bulldog9 said.

I guess if someone out there is good with Photoshop we can test this concept.

Side note: I ran this idea by the wife (her commander) and she said NOPE....I’m a little hard headed that’s why I asked the questions above.

#13 ·
i have a thin silver pinstripe going horizontal across my black commander... ill take pics soon and show al my mods... just did have the time latley... junior year in HS is tough when you also have to work for your commander... sometimes i think to myself....

A+ in pre-calc

or

New mods on my commander

ITS A TOUGH DECISION! LOL

#14 ·
Mine has pinstripes, everyone purchased at Dallas Dodge has them. I want to take them off myself, I just never think of it on the weekend when I run out of stuff to piddle with in the garage. You can see where they are in this photo, but you cant tell that there are two thin ones. I think they are either black or really dark blue.

#18 ·
The Jeep dealership that I bought my Jeep from actually installs horizontal pinstripes on all of its Commanders. I have a Inf Red Commander and it gives it a 'sportier' look. The only negative I have found (so far) is that I need to go through and remove the extra wax build-up around the pinstripes after I wax.

#19 · (Edited)
Mine came with pimpstripes that are just a shade lighter than the paint. I would not have chosen to have them put on, but I think they look pretty good. Will take photos in the next few days for you and post them.

The stripe is essentially the Lt. Khaki color. In the sunlight it is a good bit less obvious. In general I think it is a good accent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.