Jeep Commander Forum banner

A/C Light flashes off & on

22K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bob123 
#1 ·
I have noticed that while cruising down the highway, flat stretch, cruise set at 72, that my ac light will flash off and on. I dont notice any difference in the performance of the ac. Just dont think this is normal. The xk will be out of warranty in about 2k miles, so if its an ac issue, i definitely want it looked at before it runs out. Any body else have this issue?

#2 ·
Never noticed it. I would take it in for warranty work.

#3 ·
What he said, You are too close to expiration to not have it checked and noted in your maintance records.

#4 ·
You have the vent selector set to Auto, it will automatically 'turn on' the A/C for you. You only would need to be concerned if you set the dialer to a different setting (to the face, feet, windshield defrost, etc.)... then, you should see it turn on OR off, not both. I was stumped at first, but finally figured it out.

#5 ·
I dont have auto a/c. I run it on vent, not recirc, usually about 1/2 way between cold/warm. But i keep the a/c button on for the nice humid mornings we have down here to keep the moisture out of the air.

But....

It does the same thing when it is on recirc, so it kinda has me stumped too.

#7 ·
I was thinking the same thing, the Auto Temp was triggering the AC to maintain a set temp. But if he don't have a auto temp option I am clueless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.