Jeep Commander Forum banner

My work station in the Commander

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  robby 
#1 ·
Here's where the Commander payments come from :)

With the back row folded down, it makes a nice work area.

There's a couple high security lock cyinders I'm repinning, some pin kits, basic hand tools and an almost empty thermos of coffee :)

The removable jack cover is all dented up from me hammering stufff on it ... this summer when I get some free time I plan to make a sort of a heavy-duty but small, work platform to go in the hitch reciver, maybe with a little vice on it.

I used to have modified 1966 Chevy Van with all tool boxes welded in and a work bench and ALL my stuff ready to roll (the van wieghed 3 tons) ..

... but at 9MPG it was getting too expensive to run and I was basicly using it as a tool shed :) .. transfering what I nedded that day to one of the other cars, so I sold it.

Here's a pic of the old van when I was taking out the tired 230 - 6 cylinder ...

... you can see the fresh 350 small block waiting in the back of the van waiting for it's turn on the engine hoist next

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When you build your receiver mounted work platform, you might consider adding a brace down to the frame below. You could put one bolt through so it wouldn't be that difficult to remove it. It would stabilize it. Ross has 2 stabilizers with his tire carrier but even one would add a lot of strength and stability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.