Jeep Commander Forum banner

Anyone running Michelin LTX M/S2 265/65-17 stock?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tawoody 
#1 ·
I saw a soccer-mom-type last week in a Commander with 265/65-17 Dunlops (I didn't catch the model) on it. I had just put on 255/65-17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor on mine, at first I thought it was just an optical illusion, but they look smaller that the original 245/65-17 Forteras! When I saw hers I knew I couldn't live with them. Her Commander appeared stock, it had the same chrome clad wheels I have.
I went back to Discount Tire and they agreed to swap out the Goodyears for the Michelins. But after checking the FAQ and reading more posts, I'm a little concerned about clearance with the 265/65-17. I'm supposed to get the tires swapped Wednesday, but I don't want to put these on and then have to try to swap them a third time.

#2 ·
My buddy has the LTXs on his 4X4 Avalance and he hates them. He said he would put something more all terrain on it next time.

#3 ·
i run the LTX on my dodge sprinter. they are a good road tire. i dont know about off road, but i can tell you i almost did not make it up a fairly steep hill on a gravel driveway. i had to try 4 or 5 time before i could make it. i did it by backing in to the driveway across the street and then gunned it. the driveway was about a 1/4 mile long, and i was not about to deliver a 200lbs hospital bed from the bottom of the drive way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.