Jeep Commander Forum banner

Quick AEM CAI install ?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BADOS 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I got a AEM Brute Force CAI from a forum member here and had it installed today. In the instruction sheet, it says to disconnect the neg. cable from the battery. I noticed that the guys from the shop did not do this, as my clock was still keeping time. What is the purpose for this, and do I need to "reset" something now, after the fact, by disconnecting the cable?
Much obliged

#2 ·
No, I did not disconnect my battery when I installed mine. I think that goes back to one of those old safety rules but there is nothing afected by your CAI that would require you to disconnect the battery.

#3 ·
The only electrical component that is removed or unplugged is the air intake temp sensor. But unplugging and re-plugging with the engine and key off will not do any harm. I agree with 49er, it is just one of those safety things that they have to put on everything.

#4 ·
Good deal. Thanks guys.

#7 ·
Just had my Vette tuned by a Corvette tuner. He added a smooth bellows, removed the map screen and installed a Blackwing. The battery was never disconnected, however he followed up by doing an electronic tune. There is a misconception that the computer resets according to the change. To fully realize the modification, do an electronic tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.