Jeep Commander Forum banner

16.5" Wheel Fitment?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jrmbtr 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am contemplating a 2wd Commander and wondering if a 16.5" wheel will clear the brakes. I know this is an odd size, but Interco Tire make a good bit of sizes in that diameter compared to 17". I would appreciate any information anyone is able to share.

#2 ·
I just measured the distance between the wheel and the caliper on my Commander.

There is a 1/2" gap between the wheel and the caliper. Given that you would loose 1/4" over all, it should fit.

If you can test fit the new wheel before you buy it I would do that first to be sure.

Now I have to ask. Are you going to turn the Commander into a lowrider?

#3 ·
I just measured the distance between the wheel and the caliper on my Commander.

There is a 1/2" gap between the wheel and the caliper. Given that you would loose 1/4" over all, it should fit.

If you can test fit the new wheel before you buy it I would do that first to be sure.

Now I have to ask. Are you going to turn the Commander into a lowrider?
Negative. Interco Tires are mud tires. I want to stuff as much rubber under there as I can.

#4 ·
A 16.5 inch wheel will fit fine with the proper back spacing/offset. The problem is finding one in a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. If you find wheels with that bolt pattern let me know. I have been looking for some for quite some time now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.