Jeep Commander Forum banner

in motion nav programming

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Chuck1026 
#1 ·
i thought i remembered a thread that explained a way to trick the rec nav so you could program the nav while driving. Does anyone remember or know of a way? thanks

#2 ·
I think the only way is buy the Lock Pick, or go real slow.

#3 ·
You can purchase a DVD off eBay or other sources that have the in-motion feature activated (not an option on dealer DVDs). The sell cheap on-liine but are usually one version behind the current version. I picked one up for about $35 that was more current then what I was using but not the most current version.

#4 ·
There is a very technical description on how to change the actual code by hacking in but it includes some warnings about how you can mess up the system. The thread is in the Forum somewhere but I think it was brought across from a different Forum.

#5 ·
#6 ·
See...I was pretty sure that the "Search Miester" would come to the rescue. He taught me everything I know about posting on this Forum....

#8 ·
You can purchase a DVD off eBay or other sources that have the in-motion feature activated (not an option on dealer DVDs). The sell cheap on-liine but are usually one version behind the current version. I picked one up for about $35 that was more current then what I was using but not the most current version.

Do you know what they are listed under on ebay? all i can seem to find is the dealer disks which if you ask me are way over priced for how many versions they are behind. thanks

#9 ·
I purchased a Lock Pick and have no regrets.

Now I can add a 2nd camera and easilly add rear monitors for the DVD... for now my Nav and DVD viewing are both fully functional even rollong along at full speed. My wife is happy about the DVD and I am happy about Nav.

OR... simply fool your truck into thinking the parking brake is on! Rumor has it that does the same thing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.