Jeep Commander Forum banner

Nav Select Encoder Button

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  H311B0Y 
#1 ·
I have just bought a 2006 Commander Limited with Nav. I can see all the menus and the map works, but I can't move around in the menus. I read in the manual that you do this with the select encoder button/joy stick. If I push it in it seems to click, so I don't know if I am not doing something right or what the problem is. Could someone help me please.

#3 · (Edited)
Move it up and down and side to side like a joystick. But be careful and don't do it to hard or it will break.

#5 ·
I can,t move around on the map either. How do you replace the joy stick?
Your not supposed to be able to move around on the map.

#8 ·
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/buy/ALPS-ELECTRIC/RKJXT1E12001/

This is a place I found that sells the 4 way one, but when I did the search (above link) for the 8 way one (which is correct for our units) it says they don't have any in stock, but expect it on 12/11/10. I don't know how accurate that date is, but if you can't wait, you can get the 4 way one and go with that.

#9 ·
if you just bought it used from a dealer go back thats what i did and they sent it for repair and a week later it was back at no charge and i have an 8 position joystick.if you still wanna use the gps u can!just press nav then press and hold the center button on the right side of the steering wheel(back buttons) and it will switch the controls over to the steering wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.