Jeep Commander Forum banner

Radio fuse

14K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  tamholmes73 
#1 · (Edited)
My radio suddenly stopped working...no lights no clock..nothing. I went home and looked at the manual. My boyfriend decided he knew the fuse. Under the hood he removed the #28 fuse and this didnt fix the problem. Instead my check engine light came on. Can someone tell me where the fuse to the radio is and how to get my check engine light off. Please help...:) I guess I should add that it is a 2008 Jeep Commander...oops...very important detail.

#7 ·
I have an 06, and I am looking at my book as I write this. The #28 fuse under the hood is 20a yellow, labeled "IOD #2 (Audio). There are two fuse boxes under the hood. This fuse is in the one closest to the front of the Jeep. The #14 that cico said is actually a 20a yellow, labeled "Cigar Ltr", at least in my book. We have found errors in these books before. Cico has an 07, I believe. The only other fuse that I can find pertaining to the radio is the one for the amp: #1, 30a pink, labeled "Audio Amp". It is under the dash, to the left of the steering wheel. I do not know why the radio would not work without the amp - it would seem to me you would get a display with no sound, but I have been wrong before. The amp sits on the drivers side by the third row. It has been noted on the forum that water can get in there and short it out. :eek:rangehat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.