Jeep Commander Forum banner

Tire rotation question

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
I searched the forum and didn't find a duplicate thread regarding this.

I have on 07 Commander U package. It's time for my first tire rotation after putting on a new set a while back. My question is this: Do I need to get a balance as well as rotation, currently it is riding perfect and in balance?

Reason I ask is I called dealer about getting a rotation, and the service writer asked "You only want a rotation and not a balance too?!" He made a balance sound necessary, but if its in balance now will a simple rotation change that?

Note: Factory wheels and OEM spec tires.

Thanks for your help!!!!

#2 ·
It is not necessary to get the tires balanced when you have them rotated. Rotating wiil not change the balance.

#4 ·
Sounds like your stealership was looking to make some more money off of ya.

#6 · (Edited)
I've bought 4 cars from dealerships (3 of them I was 2nd owner after 3 yr. lease was up from original owner, 1 was a brand new Z-28 I bought in 1998)....as you can tell from my cynical post I don't hold them in high regard generally...but then again I don't care much for politicians or criminals either. :)

#8 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.