Jeep Commander Forum banner

Stock Alarm will not shut off

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

first day on the forum. I have an 06 Commander and the alarm keep sounding, cant seem to shut it off, it actually drained the battery, I swapped batteries real quick and the alarm started right up again. I am completely lost and really do not want to take it to the dealer if its something simple.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
GreenOx61

#2 · (Edited)
Do you have an indicator in the instrument cluster showing that any of the doors or liftgate are not closed ?

#4 ·
I and a few other members have had a problem with a short in the liftgate latch that shows it is open when it is definitely closed and it sets off the alarm. But it always shows on the dash that it is not closed.

#5 ·
that's interesting, I have noticed a couple times over the years the panel showing lift-gate hatch open I just thought one of the kids didnt close it so I just pop it open and close it again. I will check this out. did you have a problem with the glass hatch or the complete lift-gate shorting, and how did you fix it?

I was told if I replaced the battery I need to re-set the alarm or re-cycle the alarm and the dealer wants 120.00 to do that?

thanks

#6 ·
that's interesting, I have noticed a couple times over the years the panel showing lift-gate hatch open I just thought one of the kids didnt close it so I just pop it open and close it again. I will check this out. did you have a problem with the glass hatch or the complete lift-gate shorting, and how did you fix it?

I was told if I replaced the battery I need to re-set the alarm or re-cycle the alarm and the dealer wants 120.00 to do that?

thanks
No problem with the rear window. I didn't do any thing to fix it. It did it a few times several years ago and hasn't done it since. Here is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on the problem---> http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_0802207.pdf And here is a thread I started when it happened to me---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492&highlight=liftgate&page=3

#8 ·
You're welcome !:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.