Future Uncertain For Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Compass - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
JeepCommander.com News Jeep Commander News and Site news go in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Garage
Future Uncertain For Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Compass

Now that Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne is at the helm of the new Chrysler he is looking at making some changes. For starters, the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Caliber, as well as the Jeep Patriot and Compass may get the axe.

Marchionne is looking at cutting under-performing models from the Chrysler lineup, with a particular focus on the models mentioned, while also examining how the company can become more cost effective by adjusting prices and tweaking the trim levels and equipment offered on the company's many vehicles.

The Caliber has the best chance of staying on but it is likely to receive major changes.

Fiat is also examining a plan that would see Alfa Romeo models rebadged as Dodges in North America, while some Dodge models that make it to Europe would wear the Alfa crest.

As for the Jeep brand, arguably the strongest name of the three, Fiat may look to make a push with it in emerging markets, something Chrysler never tried to do in the past.

More: Future Uncertain For Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Compass on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%

This will be interesting to watch...always like alfas not too much into fiats...but the patriot and compass were just market hopes anyway...to contend with other chrysler products like the caliber and the equinox....I almost bought a caliber before I found my dream (XK).

2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4wd Loaded, 2" Daystar spacer lift, rear hitch tow hook, Custom 4" ram air intake, Optima yellowtop battery, semi-custom rock sliders, 245-75-R17 Goodyear Silent Armors, Hidden emergency lights all around (undercover cop look), bug deflector, stick-ons, and MUD occasionally.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My other ride:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

The Caliber and Patriot should stay, maybe some with some tweaking, the rest can go.-43

2007 Commander Sport, Lt Graystone Pearlcoat
1999 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor,black
1999 Buick Regal LS

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I still do not get why Jeep needed to create the Patriot and Compass when they are no different than the other vehicles in Chrysler's bloated line ups.

Now I heard the Commander is being axed because it failed at the rather pathetic attempt of jumping on the 3rd Row Seating bandwagon and its less than stellar mpg resulting in poor sales.

I like Commander regardless and plan on it in the near future, but I'm hoping that it somehow stays on.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
The patriot & Compass were created to help lower Chrysler's MPG standards for the CAFE regs. That enables them to build vehicles like the Commander since they even out the mileage numbers for the fleet of cars when they're all averaged together.

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr View Post
The patriot & Compass were created to help lower Chrysler's MPG standards for the CAFE regs. That enables them to build vehicles like the Commander since they even out the mileage numbers for the fleet of cars when they're all averaged together.
Ahhhhh, thanks for that reply. As soon as I read it, that made sense!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander News & Polls > JeepCommander.com News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in