Jeep Commander Forum banner

K&N FIPK for 3.7L 63-1545 vs. 57-1545

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  therym 
#1 ·
Hi, all. "New" commander owner here. Anyone know the differences between the K&N 57-1545, 63-1545 and the 63-1548? Autoplicity has the 63's series at a good price but no 57's. K&N does not list the 63 series on their site anymore.
Any big differences between 63 (Gen I?) and 57 (Gen II?)

Thanks.

#3 ·
Other than cosmetics, the 57 being plastic and 63 chrome, i dought there is any difference, performance wise.

#4 ·
I'm sorry, the 77 series is crome. Anyone, difference between 57 and 63 series?

#5 ·
probably not what you want to hear, but Ill throw it out there anyway. Look into AFE or Airaid; K&N filters are trash in terms of filtering - you'll be letting all kinds of crap into your motor. Just my $.02, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input! I sent an email to K&N as well. They said the 57 series is just the CARB certified version of the 63. 63 is also discontinued.

I have had K&N filters on several vehicles without any problems. I really like the AFE dry box and was thinking about trying it. Just trying to find a better price on the AFE. Also trying to find the AFe for the 3.7? Everywhere I look, including their site, does not show one for the 3.7. Does one of the others fit?

#7 ·
Autoanything.com has a 15% discount on anything over $199.00. I paid $243 for the 77 K&N, no tax. It listed for 286

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.