Remote Key, Tire Pressure and more - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Remote Key, Tire Pressure and more

I keep getting these weird anomalies:

First:
In the morning my car wont let me in... I press unlock over and over and have to stand outside pressing the button until it finally unlocks. On several ocasions I have had to use the key and race the alarm. I cant get under 3 honks before I get the key in and alarm silenced... kinda annoying to me and the neighbors.

I have already replaced the batteries in the keys. Used multiple keys. Found the same results out of all/any of the buttons on the keys.

This happens mainly in the morning. Sometimes when it has sat for a while.

Next:
The tire pressure system constantly complains. It has slowly gone from one tire to the next. Now at least 2 or 3 sensors are always out. Sometimes all. Always the rear drivers.

I am forming a hypothesis. I think the receiver is not functioning and these are all just symptoms. I am curious if this could be because of an old/bad battery (the car starts fine but I have seen strange things come from an old battery).

Anyone have similar issues? Or thoughts on this one?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Points: 1,616, Level: 23 Points: 1,616, Level: 23 Points: 1,616, Level: 23
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

None of the buttons on my remote work except the button that pops the Rear Glass. I once took my fob apart to try and see what was a matter and replace the battery...with new battery in the fob and pressing one of the buttons really hard while the fob was taken apart...it finally worked...after i put the fob back together...it didn't work anymore.

My alarm does the same thing...I don't have the $200+ to replace the Fob so i have learned to lock the car, then turn the key in the ignition once more before closing the doors...doing this unsets the alarm but still locks the car...that way when I unlock the car using the key...I don't embarrass myself in front of my friends and neighbors....I have also pulled the fuse on the horn before...but my wife says we need a horn for some reason...so i just turn the key before i leave the vehicle.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Points: 3,303, Level: 35 Points: 3,303, Level: 35 Points: 3,303, Level: 35
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

There was a recall on some of the keys on the Commanders so I would contact the dealer with your vin number and ask them. Mine went in to replace the left front CV as I broke it while off roading and when I got the Jeep back I had two new keys and where told to bring the old spare in as it was a recall on the keys. I have 2009 5.7 Ltd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in