I'll admit i was skeptical when i got my truck back from the shop yesterday and they told me they flashed the trans to fix the P0070 code. I got a chance to drive around today and wow what a difference, for a little over $160 bucks it was more than worth it.
Here are difference i noticed right off the start:
1) Cold start from overnight park. Instant reverse, no lag no delay didnt even have to wait for the truck to warm up. ITs snapped right into gear.
2) Same when shifted into drive, backed out of the driveway put in drive no delay, no lag.
3) Started her up after work today, no delay in reverse or forward like it used to, just snapped right into gear.
4) Smoother acceleration and overall better ride quality.
5) Better shift sequence through the gears and didnt get that jerky down shift when i came to a stop light.
6) Smoother ride (I dont know how, but it just seems smoother to me especially on the highway)
It seems i took a 1-2 MPG hit in city and highway. I am not sure why but the flash seems to have affected my gas mileage. I will have to monitor more to get a true impact
If any of you are having trans issues i mentioned above, get FLASHED but be warned it could steel 2 miles per gallon from you!