Warranty Claims - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,392, Level: 42 Points: 4,392, Level: 42 Points: 4,392, Level: 42
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Warranty Claims

I've got an '08 Commander, 5.7L, QD II, Overland, with 30,000 miles that I bought new.

I have owned it 2 years almost to the day. I have not had one warranty claim. Not even one visit to the service department. This is a record for a new vehicle for me.

What is your experience?

'08 Commander Overland, QD II, Hemi, Bright Silver, 17" Chrome Clad Wheels, Rear entertainment w TV, Block heater, 100% stock and staying that way.
'04 Rubicon, Yellow, 100% stock and staying that way.

I'm thankful I had so much to lose:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

Well Norm,
I too have had a trouble free relationship with my 07 4.7 QTII, now at 36k.

I did have the dealer replace the wheels due to corrosion running under the clear coat, but IMO that really was not a manufacturing defect.....more related to the horrible salt environment I operate in.
Beyond that, a few product updates that I chose to have completed but there was no failure of any sort.....just updates to make a nice vehicle even better.
Your 08 would already have come to you with the newer programming.

I do have the dealer change my oil (I supply Mobil 1) because I want a recorded service history that coincides with my own maintainence log.

So, yes, it has been in a dealer but has never had a failure of any sort....so far, a very well assembled and trusted vehicle......and incredibly capable in inclmate weather, specifically snow and ice.....my original purpose for its purchass.

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Last edited by robby; 01-03-2011 at 07:34 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

I'm at 46K, I bought new 4 years ago. The first three years, while under warranty, the only times the Jeep saw the dealer was for 3 recalls, and a few TSB's that I learned about on this forum. Very reliable. I'm happy.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Points: 4,962, Level: 45 Points: 4,962, Level: 45 Points: 4,962, Level: 45
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 3.0L CRD
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 30000
I must have bought the FridAY AFTERNOON VEHICLE

it has been back for numerous complaints about transmission having had different parts fitted to no avail and finally a replacement unit. which to be fair is better than the original

New turbo air box

New ignition switch

New widow motor

New nearside middle row seating mechanism

And ever since I bought the vehicle when I switch on a message " transmission over temp " flashs up and quickly off. they thought it was something to do with the old transmission but I still have it

Chrysler do not know what is causing it but beleive it is a delay between the trassmission unit and power unit communications

There stance at the moment is we will check several vehicles to see if others do it
If they do then it must be a characteristic of the software and nothing to worry about

Ha

if they dont know what is causing it how can they say it will not do any damage?

and finally I still have a problem with poor response to throttle after coasting like approaching a junction and then being able to go without coming to a complete stop

I am still fighting this one and the evic message because I think the two are connected and may have between them damaged the original transmission unit.

I cannot beleive a manufacturer to state in a letter that they do not know what is causing the evic message and are happy to just ignore becuase others may show it.

The dealer and myself have checked several GC which have same running gear and software and they do not exhibit the message

Having said all that I love the vehicle hence my nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in