Jeep Commander Forum banner

5.7 Hemi PCV Valve

15K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bob123 
#1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a difference in installing the valve with the hole facing the front or the rear of the engine?:icon_confused:

Trying to find an oil leak and have traced it to the PCV Valve?

Thanks...not sure it would make any difference..

OUT!

#2 ·
Does anyone know if there is a difference in installing the valve with the hole facing the front or the rear of the engine?:icon_confused:
A little vague? Are you talking about swapping around the PCV so the engine end goes toward the vacuum line and the Vacuum line end goes to the engine? In that case, NO, it should NOT work at all and could create problems.

Are you talking about just twisting it around, the same ends going to the same connections, the valve is just orientated differently? I can't see how that would be a problem, but you never know.

A bad PCV would let you suck oil into the intake and you'd be loosing oil. Only bad seals would let some oil leak out of the connections of the PCV and that should only be a little bit to make some grime on the engine.

Overfilling the oil level, can cause the oil to foam, and if it did that, one of the places the foamed oil would force itself out would be the PCV valve, could to much oil in the engine be your problem?

#4 ·
I'm referring to the valve itself and the hole it has in it. I don't think it matters if the hole is facing the vacuum line or not, but thought I would ask. :icon_confused:
Hopefully a Hemi Owner knowledgeable enough will come along to answer this, the only holes I'm aware in PCV valves are the holes for neck/nipple to allow the air to flow through it. I sounds like you talking about some other hole, and I guess there must be something different about the Hemi PCV then.

#5 ·
Yeah the hemi has a special pcv. Ill take a closer look at mine when I get home and let you know. There are arrows you're supposed to line up and then twist, I don't recall if there were two arrows 180 degrees apart though. If there aren't two arrows, I'd double check your install.

#7 ·
Thanks,

Picked up a replacement at the local dealer. Service Mgr looked it up and said it does not make any differecne. On the DODGE forum, they seem to install the valve with the hole facing to the rear of the engine.

It is one of those "Go Figure" items of engerering!:bowdown:

I installed it with the hole facing the rear of the engine, opposite the intake hose fitting.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.