Jeep Commander Forum banner

Air filter size?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  multihull 
#1 · (Edited)
Could someone measure the dimensions of the air filter on a USA gas Commander? I have a 2006 XH (export V6 diesel) model and the price of the air filters are $50 here in Australia so I'd like to know if the 4.7lt or 5.7lt USA gas (petrol) version runs the same filter as my diesel. If so I can then buy filters ex USA and save a heap.

The external measure of my XH filter is 11 3/8" ( 292mm) x 8 1/4" (85mm) x 1 5/8" (40mm) The underside internal measurement where it seat is 7 7/8" (198mm) x 10 15/16' (280mm)

I look forward to your help.

#2 ·
Could someone measure the dimensions of the air filter on a USA gas Commander? I have a 2006 XH (export V6 diesel) model and the price of the air filters are $50 here in Australia so I'd like to know if the 4.7lt or 5.7lt USA gas (petrol) version runs the same filter as my diesel. If so I can then buy filters ex USA and save a heap.

The external measure of my XH filter is 11 3/8" ( 292mm) x 8 1/4" (85mm) x 1 5/8" (40mm) The underside internal measurement where it seat is 7 7/8" (198mm) x 10 15/16' (280mm)

I look forward to your help.
I just measured mine and came up with the same dimensions.

#3 ·
Same here.

#4 ·
Thanks Guys, you've been a great help. Now I can save a few $bucks and buy gas air filters for my diesel Commander. :)I love these forums!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.