Fluid / Torque info 2006 Commander. - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5,492, Level: 47 Points: 5,492, Level: 47 Points: 5,492, Level: 47
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fluid / Torque info 2006 Commander.

I'm going to hit 30K on my 2006 Commander that I bought new, and want to change the fluids. I cannot find the torque values for the bolts on the rear differential, transmission pan, and axel fill plugs.

Also, I have the 4.7 with Quadra Track-II. Is it using the NV 245 transfer case? The manual says ATF+4 but that does not seem correct for the engine and Quadra Trac-II system that I have. I need clarification on what fluid is intended for this system.

I have the MoPar transmission filter already purchased. I need to get the fluids next.

Lastly, if there are any 'tricks' to be aware of, please let me know. It looks like it will be a bit tricky getting the fluid in the transfer case.

Thanks!
Frank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Also, I have the 4.7 with Quadra Track-II. Is it using the NV 245 transfer case? The manual says ATF+4 but that does not seem correct for the engine and Quadra Trac-II system that I have. I need clarification on what fluid is intended for this system.

I have the MoPar transmission filter already purchased. I need to get the fluids next.
There might be a TSB out for the NV245 Fluid, or maybe it was just changed in the later owners manuals to use a different fluid, that is available from the dealer. Hopefully someone will chime in with a better answer for you.

I have the NV140 and I just used the AMSOIL Synthetic ATF, calls for ATF+4, read below.

If your still in warranty, I'd only use the recommended fluids in the O.M., experiment with something different and they could hassle you about a warranty claim and even deny it if its related in anyway.

AMSOIL 75W-140 Synthetic Gear Lube should meet all the specs in the O.M. for the axles, thats what I used, Mobil1 makes it also. Remember the O.M. says "Synthetic".

Only ATF+4, that says ATF+4 on the front of the bottle, meets Chrsyler ATF+4 spec. Sure, AMSOIL, REDLINE and MOBIL1 will claim their Synthetic ATF, meets all the specs for ATF+4, but its NOT certified by Chrysler (thats why it doesn't say ATF+4 on the front of the bottle) and technically it doesn't meet all the specs. Sure its great fluid, and judging from I've seen you can safely use those fluids in ATF+4 applications, but when it comes to dealers and warranty, expect them to stick to the line, its doesn't technically meet the spec, its your fault the part failed.

Torques from the 2007 FSM:
NV245 Drain/Fill Plugs 15-25 Ft-Lbs
Front Axle Drain/Fill Plug 44 Ft-Lbs (Non ELSD)
Rear Axle Cover Bolts 30 Ft-Lbs (Non ELSD)
545RFE Pan Bolts 105 In-Lbs (NOTE, THAT IS INCH POUNDS NOT FT POUNDS)

Last edited by Mongo; 07-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in