What Should I Do?!?! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6,179, Level: 51 Points: 6,179, Level: 51 Points: 6,179, Level: 51
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

What Should I Do?!?!

I just bought a 2006 jeep commander, about 85k on the clock. My parents were having financial troubles so i had to buy one through a dealer called drive time. I know im paying way to much, but i NEEDED a car. The car is literally in immaculate condition, no rust, the underside of the car is completely clean, tires are brand new, no weird sounds, and perfect interior. I was just wondering what kind of things i should have done to it as far as servicing or maitenance, due to it having 85k and me just getting it. Thanks~!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

I would just change all the fluids to be sure it's all done and catch up on the maintenance pretty much treat like nothing was ever done. Trans, TC, front and rear diff, radiator, plugs and a few other random things. Give the breaks a good inspection just give the jeep an all around good inspection. All the info you need for fluid type is listed here on the forum you didn't list which drive system you have so.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

X2. That sums it up.

2006 Sport 4.7 V8 Red Exterior. Gray interior. Mopar Lower/leveling springs.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleblue27 View Post
I just bought a 2006 jeep commander, about 85k on the clock. My parents were having financial troubles so i had to buy one through a dealer called drive time. I know im paying way to much, but i NEEDED a car...
This really sounds like you did NOT make a very good finicial decision. Maybe the first thing you should look into is figuring out if you made a mistake and what you can do to correct it and fix it as best you can. Can you return the vehicle, are you still within any state law required buyer remorse period? Can you find another finicial institution that can take over the finiancing at a lower rate?

If you need a car, and have money trouble, there are many more less expensive options than a Jeep Commander, you know the gas mileage on these things are half what a cheap economic sedan will provide you?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
This really sounds like you did NOT make a very good finicial decision. Maybe the first thing you should look into is figuring out if you made a mistake and what you can do to correct it and fix it as best you can. Can you return the vehicle, are you still within any state law required buyer remorse period? Can you find another finicial institution that can take over the finiancing at a lower rate?

If you need a car, and have money trouble, there are many more less expensive options than a Jeep Commander, you know the gas mileage on these things are half what a cheap economic sedan will provide you?
get off my thread, a**h***. you dont know me at all. 1) i dont drive crappy cars, and neither does anyone else in my family. call me spoiled or selfish, i dont care thats just me. 2) just because its got 85k, doesnt meAn anything, its probably in better condition than your xk. 3) i needed a big car because i surf and wakeboard a lot, therefore i have to have something that i can tow a boat with and something to put my boards in. 4) i know what gas is like, i go to school full time, and work full time and i make anout 3k a month. its MORE than enough money to pay for my car and have plenty of saving/spending money. 4) also, the dealer i got my car through, it came with a 36000 mile warranty that covers EVERYTHING, free oil changes for 3 years, road side assistance and a anti theft gps. i also drive no more than 9000 miles a year. im always gona by a yamaha fz6r in the next month too. you gonna b**** about that too? yeah next time think before you post. thanks.

06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Points: 6,539, Level: 52 Points: 6,539, Level: 52 Points: 6,539, Level: 52
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%

WOW!!!! Someone's a little sensitive, Im a surfer bro, I that explains it all!!!!!!

RIP: (Totaled. caught fire )2006 Commander 4.7 liter, 2in OME lift, HD springs, Afe Brute Force CAI, Spider Trax 1.5 in spacers, BFG Mud terrains

2009 Commander 4.7 liter, 2in OME lift, HD springs, Afe Brute Force CAI, Spider Trax 1.5 in spacers, BFG Mud Terrains, Steel Armadillo Bumper, Rugged Ridge winch, Rock Rails
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAD6119 View Post
WOW!!!! Someone's a little sensitive, Im a surfer bro, I that explains it all!!!!!!
im not sensitive, its just people like him piss me off.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Actually, if you can make this work, the Commander will be a very good beach worthy rig.

2006 Sport 4.7 V8 Red Exterior. Gray interior. Mopar Lower/leveling springs.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleblue27 View Post
get off my thread, a**h***. you dont know me at all. 1) i dont drive crappy cars, and neither does anyone else in my family. call me spoiled or selfish, i dont care thats just me. 2) just because its got 85k, doesnt meAn anything, its probably in better condition than your xk. 3) i needed a big car because i surf and wakeboard a lot, therefore i have to have something that i can tow a boat with and something to put my boards in. 4) i know what gas is like, i go to school full time, and work full time and i make anout 3k a month. its MORE than enough money to pay for my car and have plenty of saving/spending money. 4) also, the dealer i got my car through, it came with a 36000 mile warranty that covers EVERYTHING, free oil changes for 3 years, road side assistance and a anti theft gps. i also drive no more than 9000 miles a year. im always gona by a yamaha fz6r in the next month too. you gonna b**** about that too? yeah next time think before you post. thanks.
I'm NOT the one that opened my post with my family finicial woes and paying to much for a vehicle. A little word of advice, you don't want finicial advice, don't post about finicial woes and spending too much money and next time you'll think before you post. thanks.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,055, Level: 100 Points: 59,055, Level: 100 Points: 59,055, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I'm NOT the one that opened my post with my family finicial woes and paying to much for a vehicle. A little word of advice, you don't want finicial advice, don't post about finicial woes and spending too much money and next time you'll think before you post. thanks.
He wasn't asking for financial advice. He was asking for maintenance advice.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in