Need some help with some parts - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Need some help with some parts

Ok well I have an exhaust leak, both manifold gaskets and hardware are gonna get replaced on my 06 4.7 xk im gonna do it myself Im gonna try it since it will cost 650 at the exhaust shop to get it done. Anyways my question is what hardware should i get the mopar or aftermarket? Im gonna buy a victor reinz gasket and ned to know what hardwar I should get to accompany it also my idle is eratic so Im gonna buy and replace my idle air control sensor as well as throtle position senser they might have gotten gummed up when I ported my T.B, also Im gonna replace my plugs with some iridium champions I have put 20,000 on since the last plug change and the last one I used ngk v-power which are copper, so ill try the champion iridium per robbys recomendation, Thanks rob and my bushings on the swaybar are shot and my front and rear links are gone as well so regardless I have some work to do, any good pcv;s out there other than mopar?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it!!!!!!!

-Connor

2006 jeep commander many mods.

Last edited by Hummer recovery team; 03-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

I think you'll be stuck with the Mopar hardware....a number of the bolts have a threaded stud as part of the fastener.
Read the SM! Just a reminder how critical torque is when attaching iron manifolds to aluminum heads.

Take few minutes to look at the inner fender liners.....Although I havent taken mine apart I did have to partially disengage the fender extensions when I installed mudgaurds.
At the time, I noticed the inner fenders would come off while attached to the extension.
Might be nice to find out you can remove them together without drilling out the plastic rivets.
With the inner fenders removed and front tires off there is a fairly good access route through the sides to get to the manifold bolts.

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

The flares and wheel well do come out in one piece. There are 2 or 3 clips in the liner to pop off. Then there are a few clips into the bumper from the flare. I've had mine off a lot LOL. The first time you pop these off it will be tight just be patient use a trim pulling tool and start at one end and work your way around.

Stop by and like the page

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Thanks guys I appreciate!

How much hardware do I need like how many bolts
im gona order from make it jeep

http://www.makeitjeepparts.com

Thanks again!

-connor

2006 jeep commander many mods.

Last edited by Hummer recovery team; 03-23-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in