A/C line leak - how to fix? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A/C line leak - how to fix?

The air conditioning in my 2007 Hemi Limited quit. My service guy tells me that there is a leak is in rear A/C line near the rear condenser. Looked at it myself on the lift and the sniffer and dye they put in show a leak about 6" ahead of the condenser. Repair estimate is close to $1000 ($470 for a new a/c line and 3.5 hours labour). There seems to be a fair bit of room around where the crack is and I was wondering if anybody has repaired an a/c line with a kit of some type.
I have seen cars with rubber hoses as part of their AC. Can I simply cut out the leaking section and replace it with a proper piece of rubber A/C hose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Points: 12,485, Level: 73 Points: 12,485, Level: 73 Points: 12,485, Level: 73
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

i have atopic about the same issue here https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=19754

try to look if is the same problem...and let me know

Present: 2007 Jeep Commander 3.0 L CRD - 2" lift kit - full led interior lights - 6000K HID low beam - 4500K HID fog lights - black HULK wheels - custom side exhaust system - DPF removed - matte black front grille (plastidip) - extra HP and torque chip tuning.
Previous: 2003 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty 2.8 L CRD - custom exhaust system - front bar protection - custom rear tail light - sold at 110.000 KM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 AM

btw if your issue is on the line that link the front ac with the rear line ( the one for the last line of seat) for me the best solution is to cut the line replacing the part with the one made for the jeep commander (or gran cherokee) without the rear ac system.
if u dont need it ( as in my case cause i dont have child or i never used the third line) the best solution is the one to cut off the line. Dont try to stick something in the pipe to close it cause is useless, i try it and the pressure (14 bar) is too strong.
if you r intrested look the post i told you and lets continue the discussion there

Present: 2007 Jeep Commander 3.0 L CRD - 2" lift kit - full led interior lights - 6000K HID low beam - 4500K HID fog lights - black HULK wheels - custom side exhaust system - DPF removed - matte black front grille (plastidip) - extra HP and torque chip tuning.
Previous: 2003 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty 2.8 L CRD - custom exhaust system - front bar protection - custom rear tail light - sold at 110.000 KM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyo View Post
The air conditioning in my 2007 Hemi Limited quit. My service guy tells me that there is a leak is in rear A/C line near the rear condenser. Looked at it myself on the lift and the sniffer and dye they put in show a leak about 6" ahead of the condenser. Repair estimate is close to $1000 ($470 for a new a/c line and 3.5 hours labour). There seems to be a fair bit of room around where the crack is and I was wondering if anybody has repaired an a/c line with a kit of some type.
I have seen cars with rubber hoses as part of their AC. Can I simply cut out the leaking section and replace it with a proper piece of rubber A/C hose?
Got a call from my independent garage today. They borrowed a repair kit from another garage. Brought my Commander in and they cut out the leaking section, about 12 " and spliced in a new piece of aluminum tube with the kit. About 1.5 hours of labour and 25.00 in parts. I am cool again.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Points: 5,759, Level: 49 Points: 5,759, Level: 49 Points: 5,759, Level: 49
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%

That was good to hear !

Glad your " cool again " at a reasonable cost <<<.>>>

2010 Limited > 5.7> Pearl Black > QDII > 4 Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts+1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MTs > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire /Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders + Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear + JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 AM

Thats good!!
I paid my part like 150 euro in total..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Tags
a/c leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in