About to hit 100k - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

About to hit 100k

Hey y'all new to the commander haven't even had it a month but love it. I have around 96k on her now and I'm getting ready for some 100k maintenance. New plugs trans fuild n filter pcv valve belt n pulley oil change t-stat n coolant front and rear diff fuild. After doing my research on here for the last few weeks I have two questions to throw out there I've read that a lot of y'all are running full synthetic oil and I have read on other forums that that kind of oil doesn't have cleaning agents like the conventional oil has that's why it seems to stay clear for so much longer. Just would like some input of that. Also I do not know what if any maintenance has been done to the commander and have read that it may not be wise to change out trans fuild n filters if it has never been done never what have y'all experienced with your commanders could the same be said about the diff fuild also. Thanks for reading any input is appreciated. Also I have a 2006 4.7 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Points: 7,085, Level: 55 Points: 7,085, Level: 55 Points: 7,085, Level: 55
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%

Complete BS on the oil. Synthetic Oil will clean much better than any conventional, as well as allow you to go longer with your OCI. Go with a top synthetic, such as Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra or Mobil 1 and don't look back. PP and PU are leading the pack in terms of cleaning.

As far as the tranny is concerned, my advice would be to do a drain/refill and change the filters. DO NOT do a flush! You dont have a lot of miles and the 545RFE is a very stout transmission. What does the fluid that's currently in there look like?

2010 Jeep Commander Sport Hemi
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

With just getting the jeep and not knowing what has been done to it id drain/refill every fluid. Especially the transmission along with the two new filters. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic since day 1 and jut hit 150,000 miles!

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input on the oil will do on my upcoming oil change this weekend as will has plugs going with the champions. As for the trans fuild it looks fresh no real darkening to it at all.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I just did my Trans fluid and filters a few months ago. It still looked brand new but it had been almost 75,000 miles since the last time I changed it. The fluid might still look perfect but it's the filters that really need to be changed. If you have the extra money I'd still recommend doing a fluid and filter swap. Who knows when it was done last

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for the info I will be doing it in the up coming weeks I'm trying to do a few things at a time so the hit to my wallet isn't so bad and trying to get it all done before 100k. What about water pump timing chain/belt I haven't seen to many ppl put that up are there 100k maintenance.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Make sure you use the mopar filters as well as atf +4 only

2006 jeep commander many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in