06 jeep commander problems - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

06 jeep commander problems

Good morning to all! I need some help in trying to see what's my best option at this point. I have a 06 commander that recently starterd stalling out while driving. We got the recall letter in the mail so we took it in to the dealership Monday. In the last 2 weeks, I've noticed my RPM idle going up and down while am at a red light. If I don't press on my breaks hard enough I can feel the car pulling to go. Not only that, it has completely shut down while driving. I explain this to the dealership and they are not able to find the root cause. They did find that the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR was reading way off then normal. They couldn't guarantee that this was the cause of it stalling out but it was the only thing they found. Am lookin for opinions and suggestions before I give the ok to the dealership to replace the sensor for $300!!.... ugh...little fustrated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Points: 7,085, Level: 55 Points: 7,085, Level: 55 Points: 7,085, Level: 55
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The TPS is very likely to be the culprit. What engine do you have? The TPS is usually on the side of throttle body and is super easy to replace, literally 5 minutes. The cost of the sensor should be no more than 30 bucks. you can get it from any auto parts store or the dealer. I suggest replacing it yourself.

2010 Jeep Commander Sport Hemi

Last edited by bigpav7; 05-01-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in