1. Insert the tip of a small screwdriver into the notch on the lower edge of the large end of the rear wiper arm (3) and carefully pry the plastic cap (1) until it unsnaps from over the mounting hole on the pivot end of the arm.
2. Remove the nut (2) that secures the arm to the rear wiper motor output shaft.
CAUTION: The use of a battery terminal puller when removing the rear wiper arm is NOT recommended as this may damage the rear wiper arm.
3. Lift the arm to disengage the support from the park ramp (4) and use a slight rocking action to remove the rear wiper arm from the output shaft.
NOTE: Be certain that the rear wiper motor is in the park position before attempting to install the rear wiper arm. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and move the rear wiper switch to its Off position. If the wiper motor output shaft moves, wait until it stops moving, then turn the ignition switch back to the Off position. The wiper motor is now in its park position.
1. The rear wiper arm (1) must be indexed to the motor output shaft with the rear wiper motor in the park position to be properly installed. Place the rear wiper arm onto the liftgate with the tab (3) of the wiper arm support (4) positioned on the park ramp (2) as shown and the tapered mounting hole on the pivot end of the arm positioned over the rear wiper motor output shaft.
2. With the rear wiper arm properly indexed, push the tapered mounting hole on the pivot end of the wiper arm down over the output shaft.
3. Install and tighten the nut that secures the rear wiper arm to the rear wiper motor output shaft. Tighten the nut to 10 N·m (86 in. lbs.).
4. Move the rear wiper arm support to its parked position within the cradle of the park ramp.
5. Wet the liftgate glass and operate the rear wiper. Turn the rear wiper switch to the Off position, then check for correct wiper arm support position on the park ramp and readjust as required.
6. Position the plastic cap over the pivot end of the rear wiper arm and press firmly and evenly on the cap until it snaps into place.
Hope this helps....