pressure hose hec to pump - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4,962, Level: 45 Points: 4,962, Level: 45 Points: 4,962, Level: 45
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 3.0L CRD
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 30000
Question pressure hose hec to pump

Can anyone confirm why I am being told part 52080154AC does not fit the 3 ltr diesel I have this part and its dimensions length, diam, shape and gland nuts are exactly the same as the original fitted.

But I am told I need to buy part 52089329AD which as far as I can judge is a later fit all replacement as it fits over 26 different models and all the engine sizes 3.7,4.7,5.7 and 6.1 petrol as well as the 3.0 diesel across different years

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

"pressure hose hec to pump"?
What's a "hec"?

What are parts 52080154AC and 52089329AD, most of us do NOT have part numbers committed to memory, so it would help us, help you if you can tell us what the parts are, that you're talking about.

Usually if there are letter behind the part number, it means its a revised or improved part. Those revisions or improvements are to address problems the part has had in the past. So you want the part that is the latest revision, as well, that might be the only part available, since manufacturers/suppliers don't continue to make outdated parts while they are making improved versions.

Yes, but you've been told you need a totally different part number altogether. There may be numerous reasons, sometimes there are intentionally different replacement parts than the OEM part used at assembly.

Lock Cylinders are a good example, you get the same lock cylinder as used on the assembly line, you'll pull your hair out trying to re-key it to match the existing keys for the vehicle. But if you ask the dealer for a replacement lock cylinder, they'll give you a different part number for a replacement, that performs exactly like the original, except it has provisions to easily re-key it to match another key in a few minutes.

Something like a power steering pressure hose. At the assembly line it makes sense to use hoses only the exact length needed. For stocking and maintaining them in a part system, it makes so much more sense and so much cheaper to stock one hose to fit many different vehicles, even if its a few inches longer than needed.

They may be simply telling you that, they can only get that part number, since that is the part the manufacturer intended as the replacement. Scream as much as you want, the only way you're getting that original part number is if you drive to the assembly line and steal one off the line.

They may have made an improved part and while they were at it, found a way to make it fit multiple vehicles instead of just one, which would mean they need to change the part number.

Its a power steering hose, as long as it fits, it will work, I don't see the big deal. Yes, power steering hose length and volume can sometimes be a factor in some power steering noise, but if they designed the replacement part correctly they would have avoided that. If it ends up making noise, then I'd go back and complain.

The guy behind the parts counter is NOT an expert in your vehicle, between the two of you there may be some sort of communication breakdown. The fact may just be, regardless if it fits or not, they can't get that part number, they can get the part number they are telling you instead to replace the PS hose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mongo; 11-13-2015 at 01:14 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Points: 4,057, Level: 40 Points: 4,057, Level: 40 Points: 4,057, Level: 40
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Model year: 2006
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Current Mileage: 124000
The proper term is "What the hec?"

Sorry - could not resist LOL

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Thanks Mongo that is my interpretation since part 5208329AD fits so many variants including the 3.7,4.7,5.7,6.1 and 3.0 diesel the connections must be the same and it was only the length that differed on the originals

Since part 52080154AC fits the 3.7,5.7 and 6.1 as well, the pressure rating is well within that for the 3.0 and as I said the dimensions and gland nuts match my original it will obviously fit.

FYI the hose goes from the hydraulic engine cooling fan (HEC bdalameda) to the power steering pump

I get part numbers from chryslerfactoryparts although sometime it is hard to get the diesel variant up as it by default only lists the American petrol engines

thanks.

p.s. part 52089329AD is also 3 times the cost of 52080154AC

Last edited by love my commander; 11-14-2015 at 06:09 AM. Reason: forgot to add last comment
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by love my commander View Post
Thanks Mongo that is my interpretation since part 5208329AD fits so many variants including the 3.7,4.7,5.7,6.1 and 3.0 diesel the connections must be the same and it was only the length that differed on the originals

Since part 52080154AC fits the 3.7,5.7 and 6.1 as well, the pressure rating is well within that for the 3.0 and as I said the dimensions and gland nuts match my original it will obviously fit.

FYI the hose goes from the hydraulic engine cooling fan (HEC bdalameda) to the power steering pump

I get part numbers from chryslerfactoryparts although sometime it is hard to get the diesel variant up as it by default only lists the American petrol engines

thanks.

p.s. part 52089329AD is also 3 times the cost of 52080154AC
Ahhhh, I thought it was a typo, I forgot that some of the Commanders have an hydraulic engine cooling fan powered by the power steering pump. That was what you're talking about.

And I should have picked up that you were outside the U.S., since you have a diesel. Which makes me even more suspicious that the smaller Jeep markets overseas would have less replacement parts options. So it would make sense you can only get a part that fits multiple vehicles and NOT a specific part.

If someone at a parts counter is insisting the part number doesn't fit, they may just be misinterpreting what the part system is telling them, it may be telling them it isn't available, they have to use the other part number that fits and works fine, but he interprets that as the available part number being the only one that fits.

Yea, the U.S. has such high emission standards its much harder to offer Diesel options in a lot of the vehicles, so it often is only offered on exports. Europe (If that is where you're from) is raising their levels as well, well both continue to raise the bar on emission standards, so we go back and forth with getting diesel versions while the other can't get them.

BTW, make sure to use the specific PS fluid recommended in the Owner's Manual, I believe MS-10838 (check, that is from memory). Its a hybrid hydraulic/PS fluid, specifically because you have a hydraulic powered fan. And that fan is extremely expensive to replace. Chrysler had a lot of problems with a convertible years ago, that used hydraulic motors to lift/lower the convertible roof powered by the PS pump, because the PS fluid used in the system couldn't handle the stress, that is why they came up with this fluid. After replacing the hose, if you use any old PS fluid to top off the system, it might create problems with the high stress of that hydraulic powered fan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Thanks Mongo

Yes I am in UK and yes was aware of the fluid situation have bought two bottles of MS 10838 fluid along with the hose

Both imported from the USA for a lot less than can buy in UK, example the fluid from UK dealer is 60.00 per litre including VAT (91.39 dollars). Two quarts (1.89 litres shipped from America total cost 40.00 (60.93 dollars)

Many thanks for your input helped to settle my mind

Last edited by love my commander; 11-14-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: misspelling correction
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Did you end up using 154AE part number? If so how did it work? I am potentially looking at purchasing 154 instead of 329 p/n.

Last edited by Dlabl0; 04-27-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in