Royal Purple ATF? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Royal Purple ATF?

i'm thinking about changing the ATF with some Royal Purple synthetic ATF fluid.

has anyone used this in their commander yet? i'm coming up on 40K miles, and i think i want to change it soon.

thanks

http://www.royalpurple.com/transmission-fluid.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I have not used Royal Purple in my Commander but know a few guys that used it in their vehicles without any issues. (non commander) I am a Moble 1 Synthetic / Redline Synthetic guy. I have always used them and never had a single problem!

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

i use mobile one synthetic in my motor. i love the stuff.

i'm thinking about using royal purple in my tranny, transfer case, and axles.

one of my friends, friends tried it in his drag car. he started out with regular fluids in his engine, tranny, and rear axle. then he changed them all to royal purple at the drag race, his ET's went up each time there after.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Send a message via AIM to bsnyder717
ya i had a 2000 mr2 spyder and i changed everything to royal purple in that car.. I know it sounds weird but it knocked some time off my 1/4mile time and also shifted and ran alot smoother i am going to change over the fluids in my commander to royal purple. The only bad part is the price of the stuff. My pockets cant handle 8-10dollar qts of oil.lol and the trans fluid and diff and transfer case fluids your looking at probly 300 in fluids to change over the commander.. makes me want to cry.

2006 Blue Jeep Commander 3.7L, gray leather interior, loaded, 6.5 in pioneer touch screen, 2 12" rockford fosgate T1 subs in a ported box, pheonix titanium 1000X2 watt amp.2" skyjacker lift kit, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 255/75/R17's. 1.5inch wheel spacers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
custom cai with custome heatshield

future mods- custom exhaust, custom snorkle ASAP
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Your not going to notice the difference in your axles wether you use mobil 1 synthetic or royal purple. You might notice the difference in a manual transmission with the smoothness of shifting gears. As for the engine i really dont see you racing a commander so it wont matter what type of synthetic fluid you use. I know that Mobil 1 is used at the dealer so they cant give me any hassle about it. When I had my Mazda the dealer tried giving me problems since i was using redline in the tranny.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in