A/C Blower Motor not working - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A/C Blower Motor not working

Hey guys I've searched around here and found some threads on A/C blower motor malfunctions, but have not seen the fix to the issue that I am having. My A/C is working, but the blower motor is not. I have taken the motor out cleaned it and hot wired it to check functionality. I have replaced the resistor and relays, and checked the fuse and found nothing wrong. The only thing that is weird is the A/C light will remain on when the A/C power is turned to zero. Will I have to replace the A/C control unit or is there anything else that I am missing? Thanks for the help. Nevada is scorching in the summer time with no A/C...

Jeff
2006 Jeep Commander
2WD 3.7L SFI SOHC 6cyl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Hello Jeff,

Quick question, when you put power and ground directly to the blower motor, did it turn on at all?

I'm currently having the same issue and I removed my blower to test it out and it didn't turn on at all. I just want to make sure I tested it right so I could go ahead an order a new one.

Thank you
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

I posted this on a different thread but I always run a diagnostic test with the A/C before I try to rip things apart just to see if there was a code that would direct me to the problem. Hope it helps

I would run a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) test with the A/C system and see what codes, if any, come up and then go from there. The test is run right from the dash panel without any needed equipment. I will give you the steps how to do this but you will need to post the code that comes up because there are too many codes to list on here.

1. Turn the ignition to the On position.
2. Turn the blower motor control to the ON position.
3. Press the A/C mode switch (A/C button with the snow flake) down, turn the blower motor control to the OFF position, wait until both LEDs illuminate (approximately 5 seconds) and then release the A/C switch. If there are active or stored DTCs to display, the A/C status indicator (Yellow light on the snow flake button) will begin to flash. If there are no active or stored DTCs to display, the LEDs on the A/C-heater control will turn off and the system will automatically exit the mode of operation.
4. To manually exit Display DTC Mode, either turn the ignition off or disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery

Here is how you will read the code that is displayed.

Active and stored DTCs for the MTC system have an assigned code number. The A/C status indicator flashes in a series of pulses to display the code numbers. Each pulse has an indicator on time of 0.5 seconds. The tens unit value is flashed first followed by the ones unit value. A 2.0 second indicator off-time separates the unit values. When displaying multiple DTCs, the A/C status indicator will go off for five seconds before displaying the next DTC. After displaying all DTC's, the sequence will repeat until exiting Display DTC Mode. Just push the A/C button to exit the diagnostic mode.

Sorry if I made it to elementary (yellow light, snow flake...) I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Tags
a/c blower motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in