545RFE trans flush question - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 91000
545RFE trans flush question

Good morning all! Just a quick question on transmission flush. Do you all use a "transmission flush product" and if so which ones are better than others? Which ones do you recommend? Do I just add it via the filler neck and heat up to temp, work through reverse and drive a few times? Also all of the transmission filters I have seen online contain the large pan type filter and a screw on filter...Isn't there a 3rd filter for the return? Sorry for so many questions but you guys are a wealth of knowledge and thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:29 AM
Points: 32,379, Level: 100 Points: 32,379, Level: 100 Points: 32,379, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Model year: 2006
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 103,000
Garage
Transmission flush is NOT recommended unless you have had a catastrophic failure like metal shavings in oil etc.
There are just the 2 filters.

06 Commander Limited Hemi - QDII,
Past -89 Comanche, 98 Grand Cherokee (2WD), 2000 Cherokee, 05 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
Had to replace the brakes - they opened more gas stations in town
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,410, Level: 94 Points: 23,410, Level: 94 Points: 23,410, Level: 94
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Beetleguy View Post
Good morning all! Just a quick question on transmission flush. Do you all use a "transmission flush product" and if so which ones are better than others? Which ones do you recommend? Do I just add it via the filler neck and heat up to temp, work through reverse and drive a few times? Also all of the transmission filters I have seen online contain the large pan type filter and a screw on filter...Isn't there a 3rd filter for the return? Sorry for so many questions but you guys are a wealth of knowledge and thank you!
I have a question for you @69Beetleguy and I'm not being sarcastic here at all - so please don't take it that way;

Some of the questions you're asking could be answered by reading the owner's manual - do you have an owner's manual for your Commander?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Model year: 2007
4WD
Current Mileage: 91000
Big Blue I don't...can I just get it on the Jeep website? Thanks and sorry for the redundant posts
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,410, Level: 94 Points: 23,410, Level: 94 Points: 23,410, Level: 94
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Beetleguy View Post
Big Blue I don't...can I just get it on the Jeep website? Thanks and sorry for the redundant posts
No apology is necessary, I just want to make sure you have all the documentation you should have as an owner; This is right off of the New Member Required Reading sticky in the New Member sub-forum, that I'm always harping on the new forum members to read;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue
You can check to see if all of the factory recalls & campaigns have been completed for the Commander you're looking at (or for the Commander you have already bought) by clicking on the hyperlink below & plugging in the VIN; If you are still looking and have not bought your Commander yet, I strongly recommend you do this BEFORE you buy it;

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

To get the factory build sheet for the Commander you are looking at, or for the Commander you have already bought, click on the link below and navigate to "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

Dodge - Contact Us

Alternate Link: https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Additionally if you buy a Commander, and it didn't come with an owner's manual, you can download and print a factory owner's manual from this website; here is the link - and again, this is from the same website I listed above, just navigate to the point where you select "year" and "model" of the vehicle you want the owner's manual for:

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-...t-vehicle.html
There is a method to my madness after all.......

Last edited by Big Blue; 10-06-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in