Interesting read on oils. Mobil One wins - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Interesting read on oils. Mobil One wins

Mobil One goes 18k miles and still truckin.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/mobil1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Points: 4,289, Level: 41 Points: 4,289, Level: 41 Points: 4,289, Level: 41
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%

i only scanned it quick but it looks like they definitely id their hw. also thanks for the reminder its time to change mine and i have 6 QTs of M1 in the garage.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

This is from another article with user responses.

Quote:
Look a hear guys....my first cousin is a chemical engineer with with EXXON/MOBIL and does know a bit about such things as synthetic products....look, he has told me that one cannot destroy this stuff!!!! Change the filter...WIX, and add a quart every 3000+ miles or so. I get nervous and do a complete drain every 18K and it just as clean as I can see....moved complete drain to 24K and still clean. Both vehicles are 2004 Tahoe and 2004 Silverado....with K&N air filters on each vehicle as well as Mobil 1 synthetic oil, fuel economy increased by almost 3.9 miles per gallon on the Silverado and 3.3 mpg on the Tahoe.....same drivetrain....3.73 rear ratio...trailer towing pkg.
One thing I've heard is that UPS NEVER changes their oil. They simply change the filters and add oil as needed.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%

Amsoil Synthetic

Synthetic oils provide superior protection at extended drain/change intervals. I've been a devoted user of Amsoil products for a few years now, using it in every motorized vehicle and toy ( KTM motorcycle, Can Am ATV, Honda Pressure washer etc..) Their axle lubes are superior, and all of their products are tested against nearly every product available out there, and those tests are documented and available to the consumer, and some of them you can download off the website. www.amsoil.com Another added benefit that they provide is an increase in fuel mileage, when using the combination of engine oil, trans fluid and axle fluids. Their website has a very easy to use drop down vehicle selector which provides all proper fluids, filters, and capacities for your specific vehicle. Their technical department is excellent at responding to any questions regarding the use of their products, and many popular questions are available online. I don't use any other products anymore, it's Amsoil throughout in our Commander, my 1990 Subaru ( getting 30mpg!!) and my Cummins diesel Dodge Ram (20MPG) Love it!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Mobile one synthetic is the only oil I'll use

2006 Commander limited all options
2006 Nissian Nismo
2009 Lexus SC430

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
I just went over 10,000 miles and plan to switch to Mobil One when I do my next oil change.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in