Jeep Commander Forum banner

Low miles- What kind of service?

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Ranger6882 
#1 ·
I should be receiving my new-used Commander Limited Hemi in about a week. It has a little under 10,000 miles on it. I want to drop it off at the dealer to have them change the oil & filter. Is there anything else I should have them look at or fix? The Carfax report shows a 1-owner vehicle but no service history.

#2 ·
Have the dealer run the VIN# to see if it was serviced. I would think that they should be able to tell you if it was at least serviced by a dealership.

#3 ·
Also, check the maintenance book that comes with the vehicle to see if any of the maintenance was updated in there.

#4 ·
With less than 10,000 miles on it there really is nothing that needed to be done except oil changes and those could have been done by the previous owner or a Jiffy Lube type place.

#5 ·
As 49er said oil change, I would take to discount tires and get them rotated and balanced. You can even purchase a tire warranty from them, probably set you back about 100.00. But you will have liftime roatation,balance and road warranty on your tires. Well worth the money. I have always taken my vehicles that I have purchased off the show room floor to Discount Tires and got there warranty. It has always paid for it self.

#6 ·
I have always taken my vehicles that I have purchased off the show room floor to Discount Tires and got there warranty. It has always paid for it self.
My local Discount Tire told me they would even cover tires damaged while off roading if I purchased the warranty.

#9 ·
Anyone can stop in a Discount Tire at any time and get their air checked as well.

#10 · (Edited)
#12 ·
So, I stopped by the local Dodge Chrystler Jeep dealer to see if they could search the vin# for the service history. I was told that they can't pull up the service history because it wasn't serviced at their dealership. Does this sound right to you all? How can their database be local only?

#13 ·
Sounds right to me. It would take an incredibly big data base to store every vehicle ever sold and serviced throughout the nation.

#14 ·
Well, I know there must be some kindof data base because I use 3 different dealers.
One in Louisiana and two in Illinois.
Each has been able to tell me were/when I had my last sevice.
For example, I just had the Jeeps oil changed here in Illinois and they could see I had the oil changed 6 weeks earlier in Louisiana.
I wonder if only a few dealers are on a national data base and I just have happened upon them.

Rob

#15 ·
If you purchased the package that pays for the oil changes when you bought the vehicle, it is paid as a warranty item, which will then go into a warranty database kept by manufacturer. If not, they may be in the same owner group of dealers...

#17 ·
I'm surprised they can't tell you when you got your last hair cut...or at least the previous owner's haircut.

#21 ·
heres 8 million tsb's for the thing make sure you get them taken care of

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.