A or B maintenance schedule - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
RKL
Points: 3,744, Level: 38 Points: 3,744, Level: 38 Points: 3,744, Level: 38
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A or B maintenance schedule

I have a 2006 with the Hemi....don't off road or do any of the things referred to in the B schedule (towing, high speed driving, high or low temp driving etc) except I do some stop and go driving under 10 miles per trip and drive it to Florida and back once a year at speed limit. Because of the under 10 miles trips and normal stop and go, do I need to religiously follow schedule B or can I do schedule A but with the 3000 mile oil and filter change....the front/read axle and transfer case fluid changes requirements are expensive and I can not do them myself...any reccomendations are appreciated....RKL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I still think you should follow the B Maintenance Schedul for the 3,000 mile oil and filter change but I feel its a little ridiculous to change the differential fliuds every 15,000 and transfer case every 30,000 miles. I off road my Commander a few times a week and my differential and transfer case fluids looked brand new when I swapped them out. Just my .02

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Points: 16,175, Level: 81 Points: 16,175, Level: 81 Points: 16,175, Level: 81
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 165,000
Buy the fulids from the dealer, maybe someone has a better source, and take your XK to a local mechanic. Cost me $40.00 to get both differentials changed, add the marked up cost from the dealer you are still $200.00 ahead. Just make sure they record your purchase on your maintenance records. I used to do this on oil changes when I had a dealer close by. When life was good!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Buy the fulids from the dealer, maybe someone has a better source, and take your XK to a local mechanic. Cost me $40.00 to get both differentials changed, add the marked up cost from the dealer you are still $200.00 ahead. Just make sure they record your purchase on your maintenance records. I used to do this on oil changes when I had a dealer close by. When life was good!!!
The only fluid I would buy from the dealer is the Mopar Transfer Case Fluid and thats only because you cant find it anywhere else. Well if you have a NV245 Transfer Case that is, the NVG140 uses ATF+4 which im sure you can buy anywhere.

Its a lot cheaper to go to an auto parts store an buy Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear oil for the differentials.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 08-18-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in