8/9/2008 Arizona Drag Racing - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Trail Runs / Meet & Greets This section is to set up trail runs / meet & greets and other Commander events. Meet fellow members and get to know the faces behind the keyboard!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
8/9/2008 Arizona Drag Racing

Here is the deal. If there is enough interest we will do another night of free drag racing, All the runs that we can get in on a Test N Tune night at the dragstrip. www.speedworlddragstrip.com We will want to go on a night that does not have any other event to get the most runs in. Looking at the schedule. it looks like the 9th of August, which will also give you guys enough advanced planning time to go. Saturday night, all night as many runs as we can do. Will take turns. The bracket car is a Mustang with a crate motor. Not the fastest, but it does give a thrill and is solid so it will not break and spoil the night. Just pay to get in as a driver, should be $20 and you can also register your car in case you want to try it out. This is much safer than street racing and you should bring along your wife and /or kids if you want to. Here is the bracket race car.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 08-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

4WD
Might even come up with a prize for the lowest E.T. of the night.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Highly recommended event. I will put it on my calendar when I get home. And the car is a blast to drive!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Bump... Anyone else interested?

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Just looks like you and me, Jon. Maybe we can get AJ and OldMacdonald to go. Anybody else in the Phoenix area for next Saturday night. Should not be too hot in the evening. Maybe we need a million dollar purse to get someone there.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

4WD
I looks like 49er, AJ, OldMcdonald and I are it for the night after tomorrow. Anyone else in the Phoenix area is welcome. Just bumping the thread to be sure you know about it.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 08-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
i would be there if i were in the neighborhood!

Benjamin Davis Pirtle
1990-2015
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Do you have a start time?

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

4WD
I copied this from their web site.

Saturday Night Street Drags!
Time: 7:00 PM

Details:
Bring it to the Track ! Calling all Street Cars.. this is your night. Bring it to the track and race all night. No set program just racing all night for fun! Gates open at 7PM, Racing starts at 8PM and running till Midnight. 'Special Discount Rate'; $20 Car and Driver, Spectators $10 (12 & under free)

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

4WD
A49er gives it his best shot, burns up

Now this story is mostly true, it happened last night in front of impeccable witnesses, well fellow forum members anyway, you judge for yourself.

It was the second meeting and drag racing session of the Phoenix Four, illustrious members of the local chapter of the Jeep Commander Forum.
A49er, AJguy, Old Macdonald, and Me.

I did the first run of the night to make sure that the car was safe and to get an idea of how well it would run. I had a secret agenda in that the first run of the night is usually the fastest and lowest ET of the night.

I even did a second run to make sure, both runs were within a few hundreths of a second.

Then we started to take turns making runs. The guys and both AJ and Josh's wives also took turns. With passengers the times were a little slower. After about a dozen runs I thought I would make it more interesting. I was relatively sure that with a dozen runs already, the car was not going to get any faster last night. So, I told Jon, (a49erfan) that there was a prize for the lowest ET of the night of a Million Dollars.

Let me tell you, ole Jon got plumb serious, First he kicked out any passengers.

He was a man on a mission.

His best time of the night was only about 18/100 of a second off my first time.

He started making run after run to shave off that time.

We all just got in the cheap seats and watched.

He would make a run, come back down the return lane and just zone out in the staging lanes concentrating.

He opened the trunk, I thought he was gonna throw out my big ole speakers. Then he tried to remove the rear seats.

But I really thought it was funny when he started throwing out my loose change from the center console.

For a while when he was looking at his clothes, we all thought we were gonna see nekkid drag racing.

He was doing anything he could to get a little lighter and faster.

Someone said he was asking in the staging lanes about Jet fuel.

He was as consistant with his runs as I have seen in awhile. He was doing perfect burnouts. He was tearing up the track. He did his last run of the night at 11:45, just before closing.

We were watching for him but he did not come back from the end of the track.

Then here he comes walking out of the dark.

He burned out the clutch on his final run of the night.

I think he was yelling as he did the last run "I'll beat his time or burn this car down"

We had to push it back to the pits and put it on the trailer.

I'll tell you what, he gave me some anxious moments there as I was thinking about coming up with the prize money.

New clutch is already ordered.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 08-10-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Subject line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Trail Runs / Meet & Greets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in