Votes: 6 66.7%
  • March is not good for me at all

Votes: 2 22.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

EC-XK Rausch Creek Trip March 27-29, 2009

10K views 85 replies 13 participants last post by  p@55w0rd 
#1 · (Edited)
Since I am still in hibernation I didn't want to propose anything too near in the future. I also want to give a chance to others to be able to come out and join us for some fun. So......I am thinking that sometime in March we can try to get a group up to RC again. Open to any suggestions for a date but it will most likely be a weekend (Friday night, Sat, Sun). There is camping on site with some port-a-potty access. There are some hotels around if that is your thing. I would like to get as many people as possible to join in so I will leave the date open but you can vote on the weekend(s) that you can be available on the poll. If you have any questions about RC or what to expect you can check out the RC website http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/. You can also search the forum for our previous trip. The park is large and at our last meet there the park was crowded by their standard but you could not even notice once you were out of the parking lot. There is plenty of entertainment off the trails as well with rock crawling to watch or take part and even some racing. Looking forward to the trip and seeing a lot of forum members there.

MEMBERS PLANNING TO ATTEND:

wranglerforum members (6)
*adamag25
*mrs. adamag25 (+1) CJ7
*07JeepXK(+1)

*=member(s) will be camping Friday March 27th

See less See more
#2 ·
Count me in. I'm good for anytime in March!

#3 ·
I don't know when I will be available, but I would like to go.

#4 ·
I'd like to go, but I'll have to check with the Boss (wife) first.

#5 ·
Adamag25, you should make a list on your fist post of members that plan on attending! I really dont need a concrete date since I can go anytime in March.

#6 ·
I will add that in later when we have a solid date so people can say they are or are not planning to attend for sure.

#7 ·
Definitley not the first weekend, wife's birthday!!! Don't you think that March will still be too cold?

#8 ·
This sounds awesome. One question, however - I have a Trail Rated Commander Sport with Quadra Track II, but no off road equipment (tow hooks, skid plates, etc.); do they have trails that are easy enough for my current Commander configuration?

Thanks,

#9 · (Edited)
The park is mostly covered with Green (easy) trails. Most of the time it is very light off-roading there are more challenging parts but there are alternate trails and go around paths that you can take to avoid issue. If you check the RC maps you can see the number of green trails through the park. Take note of the area marked as "South Property" and "West Property" because that will likely be the area we will be in. Our first trip we did not get to do much wheeling in this area so we will this time. There will be plenty of time to cover the other half of the park as well.

#12 ·
I am interested in going, although since I am also planning on going to the Jamboree in the Pine Barrens, I will have a hard time taking two weekends away from the wifey to spend with all of you. I am about a 90-minute drive so I will probably join just for the day and not camp over. Any weekend in March is good for me.

#13 ·
Haags, glad to hear you will be joining us at RC and also look forward to seeing you at the Jamboree this year. We will try to work out the meeting time and all those details when the date gets closer but there will be plenty of time to ride on the trails even if its only for a day. So far it looks like the last weekend will be the best for everyone but I want to wait and let more members have the chance to vote.

#17 ·
I think I'd rather still go to Rausch Creek. Where abouts in VA is it?

#19 ·
I'd love to do both but unfortunately I think the wife would be a little upset if I went on both trips. Especially since ill be moving back to NY next month and wont be as close to VA as I am now.

#20 ·
Thanks for the info usgaone, maybe you should post a new thread for those who cannot make the RC trip and can go to that one. It is looking like the RC trip will be the weekend of 27,28,29 that has the most votes so far. The weather will probably be warmest at that point. For those who cannot make the trip in March, fear not! There is always the next month and the one after and the one after that.

#21 ·
So is it safe to say that we will definately be going the weekend of the 27-29 of March. If so, Im going to mark my calander now. I soooo can't wait. If my little brother gets his drivers license by then, maybe he can come again but with his vehicle.

#22 ·
I think that if anyone else was going to vote they would have done so by now so I think we can say it is the weekend of 27-29. 07, What kind of vehicle does your brother have?

#23 ·
My little brother just got a 2000 Chevy S-10 ZR2 4x4. Stock it comes with 31x10.5's but he's looking to lift it once he gets a job. His father bought it for him but he still need to get his drivers license. However he cant get his license until he gets a job.

#24 ·
I was just on the Rausch Creek website and noticed that March falls under the winter schedule and they are only open Sat-Sun 8am-5pm. So it looks like we will have to cut off friday from the trip.

#25 ·
The park is closed but I think you can still get in to camp. I noticed that the other day but I was going to call and find out the details before we change our plans. I have to wait until saturday to call.

#27 ·
Did you ever call Rausch Creek and find out about this?

#26 ·
Well we wouldnt really have to change our plans. Just have everyone show up by 8am on Saturday instead of Friday!

#28 ·
I totally forgot! I will make a note for myself to call this weekend. I would like to be able to get there on a friday because it is kinda busy to get up and go saturday morning. Once I have a better idea of the exact plan I will update the 1st post to show the plans and who is going to attend.

#29 ·
Sounds good. Is your wife going to come along again with her Jeep.

#30 ·
yea if I have it all put back together by then.

#31 ·
Why did you take it apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.