Delaware's Jeeps For Joy 09... - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Trail Runs / Meet & Greets This section is to set up trail runs / meet & greets and other Commander events. Meet fellow members and get to know the faces behind the keyboard!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Cool Delaware's Jeeps For Joy 09...

[SIZE=2]I was recently on the Delaware Jeep Association's website and found this planned out...I was wondering if anyone in the area would be willing to attend I know I will be there and its right around the corner from another member...just a heads up [/SIZE]

Here is the history of the event and the website below it for more information.
A brief history of our event

[SIZE=2]The event started in 2001 as "The Matthew Allen Memorial Toy Run" among members of the Delaware Jeep Association (DeJA), before our club was even incorporated. DeJA member Steve Dey has a good friend, Bob Allen, whose son Matthew had passed away from Leukemia in March of that year. After some discussion, we decided to see if we could get area Jeep dealers to help us collect donations for the A.I. duPont Hospital for Children, where Matthew had received treatment. Our goal was to help these children, and their families, to have the happiest Holiday Season they could, during this emotionally and financially stressful time. That first year, we had only 15 Jeeps in attendance, and just over 100 donations. Bob Allen didn't even have a Jeep yet. Matthew had been a Jeep enthusiast, and Bob's other son Brandon owned a Jeep at this point. Soon after however, Bob bought a Jeep and joined our club. He is still very active in the planning of this event, and with his foundation for Matt at[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]www.matthewallen.org[/SIZE][SIZE=2].

For the next six years, up through last year’s 2007 Toy Drive, we have donated close to 6,000 toys and items to both the Nemours/ A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children and Children’s Choice Foster Care, whom we added as a beneficiary in 2002.[/SIZE]

http://www.jeepsforjoy.org/

The Drive this year will be on the 12th of December...I will have times and such on a later date but thought I should post this asap as time seems to fly...

You meet up with fellow jeepers in the parking lot and collect donations for a while then pack up everything and drive in a procession to the Hospital and possibly one other site...nice day for those who are close and a great day for those whom may be farther away to get some tax free shopping done!!!

2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4wd Loaded, 2" Daystar spacer lift, rear hitch tow hook, Custom 4" ram air intake, Optima yellowtop battery, semi-custom rock sliders, 245-75-R17 Goodyear Silent Armors, Hidden emergency lights all around (undercover cop look), bug deflector, stick-ons, and MUD occasionally.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My other ride:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

More Info...

We invite everyone to help with our Toy Drive, but remember, if you own a Jeep vehicle, and make a donation, you can buy raffle tickets to win Jeep-related door prizes, and also participate in our caravan to the hospital Saturday afternoon to help us deliver the donations to the duPont Hospital for Children.

The group meets in Pike Creek Shopping center on the 12th of December...If you type in This address to Google Maps the store is in the shopping center.
(4744 Limestone Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808-1928)...

2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4wd Loaded, 2" Daystar spacer lift, rear hitch tow hook, Custom 4" ram air intake, Optima yellowtop battery, semi-custom rock sliders, 245-75-R17 Goodyear Silent Armors, Hidden emergency lights all around (undercover cop look), bug deflector, stick-ons, and MUD occasionally.

My other ride:

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Points: 4,498, Level: 42 Points: 4,498, Level: 42 Points: 4,498, Level: 42
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

I'll plan to be there. Sounds like a great cause.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I am not a member of DeJA this year but next year me and a buddy of mine are planning on begoming full on members

My other ride:

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetNby View Post
More Info...

We invite everyone to help with our Toy Drive, but remember, if you own a Jeep vehicle, and make a donation, you can buy raffle tickets to win Jeep-related door prizes, and also participate in our caravan to the hospital Saturday afternoon to help us deliver the donations to the duPont Hospital for Children.

The group meets in Pike Creek Shopping center on the 12th of December...If you type in This address to Google Maps the store is in the shopping center.
(4744 Limestone Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808-1928)...

Right in my backyard, a PSU THON Supporter, and two little cousins with SMA... how can I not be there to help.

Wish the information was updated on the web site as I see they had a benefit/fundraiser at RC.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

UPDATED INFO FOR 2009

Saturday, December 12th 2009 from 9am to 2pm* in the Pike Creek Shopping Center** on Limestone Road (Rt. 7) across from Goldey-Beacom College. We’ll be gathered out in front of the Kmart.

*- The caravan to deliver the donations to the A.I. duPont Hospital for Children will be leaving at approximately 2:30 pm on Saturday.

**- Location is tentative.

This is always a great time and a great thing that JFJ does and that DEJA helps with, both by sponsoring the toy drive and by helping to collect toys.

More details will be posted as the time nears.

All info off of DEJA Forums.

My other ride:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

I should have more information Sunday Night after a meeting with DEJA about the JFJ on DEC 12, 2009

My other ride:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 AM

Hey Chris, unfortunately I will have to work on the 12th so I won't be there. You'll be driving within a few hundred yards of my office (right across from duPont) - if I can get out over lunch for a bit then I'll swing by.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

oh you work at the experimental station...? in between the tyler mcconal and 202?

My other ride:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetNby View Post
oh you work at the experimental station...? in between the tyler mcconal and 202?
Up the road a bit at the intersection of 141 and 202. From my office window I can see the Carillon at the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Trail Runs / Meet & Greets

Tags
charity , drive , meet , run , toy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in