Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - Obvious 100K maint done (I think) ...what am I missing?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
RyanD
Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
I'm about halfway through the job at the moment (first stage of prestone flush is now cooling and I have a couple of observations/questions:

When I refilled it, I added the flush directly to the radiator, topped off the reservoir/radiator with water. I let all bubbles come to the top of the radiator before I sealed it and started it. It seems that the purge screw is lower than the radiator cap, so wouldn't all of the air in the system eventually make its way there? The bleed screw seems like a pain given that I had to remove the air box to access it. Unless I'm completely off base, it seems like the air would eventually make its way out on it's own. Thinking if I just carry a 50/50 mix of the Zerex/distilled water and check it a few times I'll be OK. Thoughts?

Ryan
OK, job done, and I actually did utilize the bleed screw. It's cooling off now from the 50/50 of Zerex/distilled/4oz of water wetter. Gonna drive it around the neighborhood here in a bit, but for now, I'll watch the level and call this one a day. At least for 5 years

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome