BF Goodrich 265 X 65 X 17" AT Tires - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Points: 2,209, Level: 28 Points: 2,209, Level: 28 Points: 2,209, Level: 28
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BF Goodrich 265 X 65 X 17" AT Tires

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I have a 2"lift and want to fit 265 x 65 tires, BFG, Maxxis or Hankook, I know they will rub but spacers are illegal, offset rims too expensive. I seem to remember seing photos of the BFG 265 AT's and they miss the bolt because of the tread profile. Can someone enlighten me to the rubbing issue with the 265 X 65 tire size. Thanks from Aust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08crd View Post
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I have a 2"lift and want to fit 265 x 65 tires, BFG, Maxxis or Hankook, I know they will rub but spacers are illegal, offset rims too expensive. I seem to remember seing photos of the BFG 265 AT's and they miss the bolt because of the tread profile. Can someone enlighten me to the rubbing issue with the 265 X 65 tire size. Thanks from Aust.
Im almsot positive you can fit the BFGoodrich AT in a 265/65 without wheel spacers due to the tread profile. Worse case senerio you would have to do minor trimming of the ball joint bolt which isnt an issue. Also because you have a 2 inch lift already you shouldn't have any rubbing on the plastic inner fender well.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

This is a picture of the 255/70R17 Brisgestone Dueler REVO's that I had installed on the XK prior to the new MT/R's. They were mounted on the stock wheels without wheel spacers and I had absolutely no rubbing anywhere. As you can see there was plently of room between the ball joint bolt and the tire. Those tires measured out to be a hair over 31 inches. The 265/65's are about 30.7 inches tall which will help oout since they are a little wider then the 255's. Also if you look at the ball joint bolt you can see there is a good portion you can cut off and still have enough on there to remove the ball joint if needed. If you use an impact you dont need to put a wrench on the bottom of the ball joint bolt. At least I didnt need to when I did my lift.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 09-05-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in