Tread width or cross section width? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tread width or cross section width?

Im looking at a set of 265/70/17 bfg at the question i have is will they rub. the reason i ask is because i thought the problem would b that the tire tread would come in contact with the studs hanging down in the front but these tires have the same tread width of 8" but the Cross section width is 10.7 vs stock of 9.8. So does any one believe these tires would work without spacers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Mine fit without spacers but I used 1/4" ones to make me feel better anyway. Do you have a lift yet because you need one with this size tire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

No I have no lift yet but i am probably goin to be placing an order to rough country tommorow for their 2 in. I am glad to hear they will work fine with minimal rubbing. The XK (AKA the wifes car) never really sees any off road i just want to make it look a little more like a jeep u know... I off road my 04 wrangler with 5 in lift and 33's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in