265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, MB Wheels V-Drive, RR 2.25" lift - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Points: 237, Level: 4 Points: 237, Level: 4 Points: 237, Level: 4
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, MB Wheels V-Drive, RR 2.25" lift

This is the perfect set up in my opinion for the Jeep Commander. I spent about 6 weeks trying to decide on Wheels and Tires for this Jeep once I installed my RR 2.25" lift. These wheels have a 25 offset so I did not have to purchase spacers. The tires are about 1/4" from the wheel well when turned and I have not had any issues with rubbing. (I have not been offroad yet, I am going to Moab in about a month.) And I had discount tire test to see if this wheel and tire would fit in my spare tire storage area and it fit like a glove. I am going to order a 5th wheel and tire tomorrow for a spare. Has anyone done the same and rotated in the 5th wheel every 6k miles? Thoughts on that? Let me know what you guys think of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SideSUn.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	4733   Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelCloseSHade.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	4734   Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelQuarter.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	4735   Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	4736  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Take a picture of the jeep up the side so people can see how far they stick out. Have you done any mods to the pinch weld or wheel well? Running that off set you might dare I say should have rubbing issues once you start to flex it out especially if you disconnect the sway bars. Looks good and have fun at moab and remember no pictures it didn't happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Here is a thread on rotating the tires---> https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4332&highlight=rotating&page=3

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Nice set up

'06 HEMI LIMITED LOADED QDII DE-BADGED, TINT, SILVERSTAR ULTRAS, LED TAILS, R/C LIFT, BILSTEINS, KMC XD HOSS WHEELS, DURATRACS, MAGNAFLOW, K&N CAI and OIL FILTER, ROYAL PURPLE, HAWK HPS PADS, RED CALIPERS, LEDs BEHIND GRILLE

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIUTAHJEEP View Post
This is the perfect set up in my opinion for the Jeep Commander. I spent about 6 weeks trying to decide on Wheels and Tires for this Jeep once I installed my RR 2.25" lift. These wheels have a 25 offset so I did not have to purchase spacers.
Looks like you did a lot of work and it paid off. Really nice set-up and good looking rig. Take plenty of pics during your trip. Welcome to the forum.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

SAL- No I have not done any mods to the wheel well or pinch weld at this point. I just put these tires and wheels on today. To be honest I am new to this whole Jeep thing, this is my first Jeep and I have had it about 7 months. I have not thought about disconnecting the sway bars... I am not planning on doing any "difficult" trails. (to start anyway). I am planning on a easy trail next weekend close by my house just to test things out. It’s an old Pony Express Trail near SLC.

I will take a side pic tomorrow so you can see how far the wheel sticks out.

Jeep5253- Thanks for the thread. It makes sense to rotate every 3-4k miles w/ the 5th tire. Thanks.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 10:37 AM

Well make sure you take it easy until you see whats going to rub and where its rubbing. Both the pinch weld and wheel well mods are real simple. We did the pinch weld mod on a friends WK on the trail because he never did it and when we hit the trails he started rubbing and cutting into the tire. If you can find somewhere to flex out before you go that would be ideal.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

SAL, did your friend have his sway bars connected? Do you have any good instructions on the wheel well, and pinch weld mod?

Can you tell me more about the sway bars... If I take them off how does that effect my every day driving? And I assume if I take them off I am able to do more difficult trails? Thanks for the help
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Points: 11,543, Level: 70 Points: 11,543, Level: 70 Points: 11,543, Level: 70

Trim Package: Sport
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Looks great!

Thank you for your support!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIUTAHJEEP View Post
SAL, did your friend have his sway bars connected? Do you have any good instructions on the wheel well, and pinch weld mod?

Can you tell me more about the sway bars... If I take them off how does that effect my every day driving? And I assume if I take them off I am able to do more difficult trails? Thanks for the help
Disconnecting the sway bar allows the wheels to travel more and makes the ride a little more comfortable. You don't take it out just disconnect it. I don't recommend running on the streets other then short trips to get to other trails without the sway bar connected. Also don't for get to air down your tires for the trails another thing we do for a more comfortable ride, better traction and safer for the tire. For rocks and ledges I go down to 15PSI.

Check this thread out for the PINCH WELD MOD

Also he did not have his sway bar disconnected and he was only rubbing on one tire the passenger rear. So you never know where you will rub until you get out there and flex the jeep.

For the wheel well just heat it up with a heat gun not to hot and push it back with a 2x4 or hammer. I just took a saw to mine and cut the spots out it rubbed in myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in