Jeep Commander Forum banner

Anyone running Hankook 255-75-17

11K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  XK-RoadRage 
#1 ·
I need to know if anyone is running this set up PLEASE!!! I have a RC 2" lift and want to get Hankook 255-75-17. I need to know if they will rub so ANY help would be great guys. Thanks

#2 ·
It's not totally the same, but just so you have some idea.. I have a 2.25" RRO lift and Good Year Silent Armors in 255/75/17 (AT's) and before spacers I had rubbing on the inner fender wall area which could not be remidied because it was against the frame basically. So I ended up getting 1.5" spacers which then caused rubbing at the pinch weld. I did the pinch weld mod and no more rubbing.

Different tires, will obviously not be the same, but it's should be close and at least give some info..

#4 ·
I honestly don't know which size will work. It was the width that was the problem initially, and then after the spacers it was the height. So a narrower 32" might work without spacers (not sure if that exists?) or go with a smaller diameter and hope? I'm sure if you search around you can find the answer, I just don't know it off hand.

#5 ·
I have the 2 inch lift and run 265 70 17. I also added an additional 1/4 inch spacer in the front that I got from some one in the forum- can't remember who. For some reason it rubs when it is cold outside but not when it is warm, no it has nothing o do with tire pressure changes as I monitor those closely.

Why so concerned about rubbing? If it rubs and it probably will, just take snips to the offending area. It is just a plastic wheel well. Most on the forum have snipped into their wheel wells. You just need to remove a small portion of it.

#10 ·
sorry i took so long on the pm. Its probably wise that you went with the 255 instead of the 265. Youll be plenty happy with those tires. I certainly was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.