TPMS with Flashcal? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 2,250, Level: 28 Points: 2,250, Level: 28 Points: 2,250, Level: 28
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
TPMS with Flashcal?

Just bought a Superchips Flashcal for my 2016 JK and it allows me to put the TPMS in offroad mode, effectly shutting off the light and monitoring. Has anyone found anything like this for our Commanders?? I would love to eliminate that nonsense. Yeah, I know it can be fooled with a PVC pipe and some sensors, but you still have to get them programmed and all, which I do not care to pay for AGAIN and I am not really interested in a Flashpac, too expensive for the little things I want done!

I did try to plug in this Flashcal into the Commander and it only gave me tire and gear size options. No option for the TPMS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 20,960, Level: 91 Points: 20,960, Level: 91 Points: 20,960, Level: 91
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnypitXK View Post
Just bought a Superchips Flashcal for my 2016 JK and it allows me to put the TPMS in offroad mode, effectly shutting off the light and monitoring. Has anyone found anything like this for our Commanders?? I would love to eliminate that nonsense. Yeah, I know it can be fooled with a PVC pipe and some sensors, but you still have to get them programmed and all, which I do not care to pay for AGAIN and I am not really interested in a Flashpac, too expensive for the little things I want done!

I did try to plug in this Flashcal into the Commander and it only gave me tire and gear size options. No option for the TPMS.
I have the Superchips F5 3874 Flashpaq;

It does not allow you access to any settings to the TPM sensors;

I gave a pretty detailed write up about it with some pics here;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...estions-3.html

I have not heard of any tuners/programmers for Commanders that give you access to any TPM sensor related functions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-21-2017 at 01:51 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

4WD
I found a thread on another forum that a couple people claim they are running the flashpaq and it works fine to turn off the TPMS and they are actually running it. I ordered an older one off ebay to try it before I got your reply. Guess I will see. I can return it if it doesnt work I guess.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
I found a thread on another forum that a couple people claim they are running the flashpaq and it works fine to turn off the TPMS and they are actually running it. I ordered an older one off ebay to try it before I got your reply. Guess I will see. I can return it if it doesnt work I guess.
I have heard claims quite a while back, that the model before the Superchips F5 3874 Flashpaq supposedly could - but I was never able to substantiate it; I'm not sure of the model number, but, I'm pretty sure it's the model that the Superchips F5 3874 Flashpaq replaced.

The only thing I can tell you for certain is that the Superchips F5 3874 Flashpaq does not give you access to any TPM related settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue
Based on the pictures I'm posting and the experience I'm getting ready to share, I'd surmise that the option to adjust ANY settings related to the TPM sensors is not available on Jeep Commanders - and here is my reasoning:

According to the manual (pictured below) the TPM sensor settings are supposed to be in the "Tire Pressure" sub-menu under "Quick Options". The manual goes on to say that "The availability of the following features depends on the year & model of your Jeep".

Now my F5 is basically brand new - received it a couple of weeks ago and I just updated it again yesterday and I don't even have a tire pressure sub-menu under Quick Options. These are the only options I have available for my 2008 Commander under "Quick Options" - see the below photo:

The only conclusion I can come to, is that F5 (3874) Flashpaq does not give you access to the Tire Pressure sub-menu, which means you have no access to any TPM sensor settings on Jeep Commanders.

Now I have re-programmed my engine with the 93 Octane performance tune (which I'm quite happy with);
I've also cleared all the old Diagnostic Trouble Codes that were stored and I've successfully adjusted my speedometer by programming in my larger tire size, so it is a very useful tool.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-22-2017 at 12:57 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

4WD
It worked. F4, 3872. No more TPMS. Tire size fixed and tuned for 87 octane. I had to download the TPMS offroad program, after the update, but it worked perfect. My F5 didnt have that option either. But it worked on the 2016 JK. So now I have 2. One for each vehicle. Of course the F5 is just a Flashcal, but it does what I needed it to.

Last edited by mnypitXK; 07-27-2017 at 07:45 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Oh and the best part is I got it on ebay as a refurbished unit for $189.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
It worked. F4, 3872. No more TPMS. Tire size fixed and tuned for 87 octane. I had to download the TPMS offroad program, after the update, but it worked perfect. My F5 didnt have that option either. But it worked on the 2016 JK. So now I have 2. One for each vehicle. Of course the F5 is just a Flashcal, but it does what I needed it to.
Thanks for the follow-up @mnypitXK ;

I may pick one up just for this purpose alone.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Thanks for the follow-up @mnypitXK ;

I may pick one up just for this purpose alone.

One thing to note. The monitoring system is still listed and shows all dashes when you scroll to that function on the Limited's. However the warning light is off and does not ding at you constantly. Just wanted to clarify. But overall, I think it was a success.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
One thing to note. The monitoring system is still listed and shows all dashes when you scroll to that function on the Limited's. However the warning light is off and does not ding at you constantly. Just wanted to clarify. But overall, I think it was a success.
Thanks for the clarification;

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in