Mastercraft tires ,, any experince ? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 150000
Mastercraft tires ,, any experince ?

Finally I have lifted the Commander by 2" OME coils (I will post pics and info about the lift in another thread later)

Now I need new and bigger tires, while searching in the market I found a new brand to me called (Mastercraft) imported from US, Any one knows anything about this brand?

The tire I'm interested in is the "Courser A/T" 265/65/17 which look like this .. any recommendation on this tire?

Second Jeep Commander, Current
2007 XH (International model), Green Metallic, Ltd, 5.7L HEMI, Quadra-Drive II
Spidertax 1.5" wheel spacer, K&N replacement filter
OME 2" Lift kit

First Jeep Commander,
2007 XH (International model), Light Graystone Pearl, Sport , 4.7L Quadra-Trac II.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,448, Level: 100 Points: 59,448, Level: 100 Points: 59,448, Level: 100
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Never heard of them.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

They look like a private label brand from another manufacturer. They are probably a Cooper tire or something like that. Cooper has a couple different brand names that they sell from. Check all the load and speed ratings and make sure you don't get a tire that has been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a couple years. The look like a good tire.

Bright Silver 4.7L 2.25 RR/OME lift, Kumho KL71 265/70/17, Flashpaq, Lights, rack, intake, Super44, mopar skids, 4x belly guard, rear fog lights, MM9500 winch, GetLost4x4 winch mount

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HILLBILLY DELUXE

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I have heard of mastercraft before. They are a cheap off brand tire that I really wouldnt recommend if you plan on doing any type of off roading with. Im not sure what brands of tires you are able to get over there but id recommend getting a different brand tire.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 12-22-2008 at 03:40 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Send a message via AIM to bsnyder717
they are a firestone tire. we have alot of vehs that are on the fleet program which i work for like chevron and all run them on there vehs. they aparently like them there are a few companys that will strickly just run mastercraft tires they are a very reasonable price and made by firestone.

2006 Blue Jeep Commander 3.7L, gray leather interior, loaded, 6.5 in pioneer touch screen, 2 12" rockford fosgate T1 subs in a ported box, pheonix titanium 1000X2 watt amp.2" skyjacker lift kit, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 255/75/R17's. 1.5inch wheel spacers

custom cai with custome heatshield

future mods- custom exhaust, custom snorkle ASAP
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Send a message via AIM to bsnyder717
also a lot of them such as chevron are running them on vehs that they run off road if that makes up your mind at all. chevrons vehs most of the time wont even hit the roads.

2006 Blue Jeep Commander 3.7L, gray leather interior, loaded, 6.5 in pioneer touch screen, 2 12" rockford fosgate T1 subs in a ported box, pheonix titanium 1000X2 watt amp.2" skyjacker lift kit, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 255/75/R17's. 1.5inch wheel spacers

custom cai with custome heatshield

future mods- custom exhaust, custom snorkle ASAP
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Points: 9,325, Level: 64 Points: 9,325, Level: 64 Points: 9,325, Level: 64
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

i have heard they are cheap made!

2010 Metallic Black Limited, HEMI, QD2, 1.5 inch Spidertrax,2.25 RR lift,Maxxis 265-75/17s, 4xG Matrix/receiver,bellyguard, front guard

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Mastercraft Tires are one of a number of tire brands owned by the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. With the slogan, “Master the Road”, Mastercraft tires sets itself as a company that produced high performance, low-wearing tires.

Mastercraft produces a number of different tires for many vehicles. Tire types include Ultra-High performance tires designed for enhanced grip, cornering and handling that are suitable for SUV, light truck and passenger vehicles, a passenger tire range, an SUV tire range, Light Truck Tires as well as a commercial range of tires.

The range of tires are also sometimes known as Cooper Mastercraft Tires.

Cooper Tires
Don’t give up a thing. Cooper Tires offers a full line of passenger, performance, light truck, SUV and medium truck tires.

Avon Tyres
For many years, Avon Tyres has been a leader in the development of motorsport tyres. It brings tremendous benefits to our road tyre business through enhanced technical development and product performance.

Dean Tires
For more than 30 years, Dean has been the independent tire dealer's value solution to the business equation. In fact, Dean's commitment is to allow our dealers to "Go the Distance" in today's competitive marketplace.

Kenda Tires
Kenda’s radial passenger and light truck tires are just right for the performance minded, value conscious consumer. Jointly developed by Kenda and Cooper, these tires are available in the U.S. through independent tire dealers. Kenda USA continues to market its existing range of specialty tires.

Tire Defects

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is a manufacturer of replacement tires. Cooper focuses on the manufacture and sale of passenger and light truck replacement tires. It also manufactures radial medium and bias light truck tires. The Company also manufactures and sells motorcycle and racing tires. The Company is organized into two segments: North American Tire Operations and International Tire Operations. Cooper operates eight manufacturing facilities and 37 distribution centers in nine countries. The Company’s Oliver Rubber Company subsidiary (formerly part of the North American Tire Operations segment) was sold on October 5, 2007. Effective February 4, 2006, the Company acquired a 51% interest in Cooper Chengshan (Shandong) Passenger Tire Company Ltd. and Cooper Chengshan (Shandong) Tire Company, Ltd.

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, incorporated in 1930, is a manufacturer of replacement tires. Cooper focuses on the manufacture and sale of passenger and light truck replacement tires. It also manufactures radial medium and bias light truck tires. The Company also manufactures and sells motorcycle and racing tires. The Company is organized into two segments: North American Tire Operations and International Tire Operations. Cooper operates eight manufacturing facilities and 37 distribution centers in nine countries.

The Courser A/T from Mastercraft is designed for light trucks and SUV’s. It is the ideal choice for the driver who wants better traction while still keeping the smooth, quiet ride. The tread design of these tires is computer formatted to optimize the tread pattern sequence. The high density tread block sipes and wide chevron grooves of the tires by Mastercraft increase the effectiveness of the gripping edges to give more traction in mud, ice and snow. The dual radius tread arc provides a uniform pressure distribution to give even wear and consistent grip.

All of the Mastercraft designs are developed using state of the art technology. They are engineered to provide a smooth, quiet ride and able to tackle the extremes of driving conditions.

Author Notes:

David Parker contributes and publishes news editorial to http://www.buying-tires.com. Your #1 resource for tire information and company reviews
__________________________________________________ _____________
From the reviews I have read, they look like good tires.

Benjamin Davis Pirtle
1990-2015
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnyder717 View Post
they are a firestone tire. we have alot of vehs that are on the fleet program which i work for like chevron and all run them on there vehs. they aparently like them there are a few companys that will strickly just run mastercraft tires they are a very reasonable price and made by firestone.
I'm almost positive that Cooper makes the Mastercraft brand of tires. I know that they are somewhat popular with the offroad crowd, but I don't have any first hand experiece with them.

However, I do currently run Cooper Discover ATRs on my 4Runner and I think they are fantastic tires. Cooper itself is a very good brand from what I've experienced. I've noticed a lot of the pick-ups and SUVs running snow plows are using Discoverer ATR tires, so they must be pretty good for the snow!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

I see Cico beat me to it! I knew those tires were made by Cooper!

Ahmed, before you buy those tires, do a little research and see if you can determine how they perform on sand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in