Want to disable your TPM sensors? You need Appcar-DiagFCA OBD-II Software; - Page 2 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2009
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 166598
For me personally, I want to disable because I am not running any tire sensors and don't want the dash light. But I suspect another popular reason would be when airing down off road it gets rid of the light. Or a spare tire in/on the jeep without a sensor, which would also cause the dash indicator to light up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mitchell Hampton View Post
just a side question...for us new Commander owners...why would you want to disable this? mine goes haywire all the time and looses connection but it eventually comes back online....sometimes 1 or 2 tires other times all 4...i just joke with the wife "oh no we lost a wheel...or 2 or all four wheels fell off" hahaha
A lot of people buy aftermarket rims with bigger tires; The factory TPM sensors can not be removed without damaging them (trust me I tried); I had aftermarket rims which I swapped out immediately upon buying my XK and had no intention of putting new TPM sensors on them; It was quite gratifying to put out that irritating orange light forever!!

I never cared for the TPM sensor system anyway; If you can't check your tire pressure visually & with a tire pressure gauge, you probably shouldn't be driving.

People and society in general, have become all too reliant on technology, for the most basic of tasks.
Outlaw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 10-23-2019 at 09:43 AM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Model year: 2009
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 166598
Never did hear back from Appcar-DiagFCA. Big Blue are you still receiving software updates, if they are available?

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Never did hear back from Appcar-DiagFCA. Big Blue are you still receiving software updates, if they are available?
I have not been in a position to check up until recently @Outlaw ; I'll have an answer for you in a couple of days.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
So, I'm wishing you never asked me this question right about now @Outlaw . I went into the program & checked and it said there was a newer beta version that came out in June 2019, so, I downloaded it which turned out to be a mistake, apparently it had a trojan in it. My Webroot anti-virus caught it right away and removed the bug, but, I had to uninstall the software as a result which means I'll have to buy it again and re-install it.

So, to anyone else out there, update the Appcar-DiagFCA software at your own risk and as I'm sitting here looking back at it, there really is no reason to update the software once you have it installed. Once you have it downloaded, installed and it's working, leave it alone and don't worry about updating it.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Points: 296, Level: 5 Points: 296, Level: 5 Points: 296, Level: 5
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Model year: 2007
4WD
Current Mileage: 128,000
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
So, I'm wishing you never asked me this question right about now @Outlaw . I went into the program & checked and it said there was a newer beta version that came out in June 2019, so, I downloaded it which turned out to be a mistake, apparently it had a trojan in it. My Webroot anti-virus caught it right away and removed the bug, but, I had to uninstall the software as a result which means I'll have to buy it again and re-install it.

So, to anyone else out there, update the Appcar-DiagFCA software at your own risk and as I'm sitting here looking back at it, there really is no reason to update the software once you have it installed. Once you have it downloaded, installed and it's working, leave it alone and don't worry about updating it.
I'm so glad I just saw this post. I bought the software yesterday. I'm not able to fully install it because I don't have the cable yet. I did see the option to upgrade and contemplated clicking on it. I'm glad I left it alone.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:13 PM

4WD
Garage
The bluetooth adapter arrived today. I used the Appcar-DiagFCA software to check things out on the Jeep. I turned off the TPM which is nice not to be bothered by that anymore. While checking it all out the only stored and active codes were for the Brake assist and the HVAC control. All other codes were clear. I cleared all stored codes and then turned off the vehicle. I checked again and the only codes showing up were for the two items listed above. So it's time to do some more research into the issue. Thank you Blue for all your help and the links to the software and cables and tips.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dean Thomas II View Post
The bluetooth adapter arrived today. I used the Appcar-DiagFCA software to check things out on the Jeep. I turned off the TPM which is nice not to be bothered by that anymore. While checking it all out the only stored and active codes were for the Brake assist and the HVAC control. All other codes were clear. I cleared all stored codes and then turned off the vehicle. I checked again and the only codes showing up were for the two items listed above. So it's time to do some more research into the issue. Thank you Blue for all your help and the links to the software and cables and tips.
No problem at all Jerry, happy to try & help. I wonder about that Brake assist code, haven't heard of that one before - did it have a letter/number associated with it? I'd be curious to look it up and see the details about it.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:57 AM

4WD
Garage
The software works great. I'm back to having no dash light warnings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191112_075227_1573570616505.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	34801  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dean Thomas II View Post
The software works great. I'm back to having no dash light warnings.
That my friend is great news....congrats!! Did that resolve your remote start issue - or are you still hashing that one out? Did you get the link in your other thread that I sent you for the new hood switch?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in