Jeep Commander Forum banner

Want to disable your TPM sensors? You need Appcar-DiagFCA OBD-II Software;

29K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
Appcar DiagFCA is a professional Windows PC diagnostics software program, specifically made for Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep Vehicles. The purchase includes free lifetime updates for the software. Here is a link to order the software;

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

For connecting to a vehicle we recommend the use of original ELM327 USB, OBDLink LX/SX or Vgate iCar2 bluetooth interfaces.

I used the ELM327 USB Cable that I ordered from Total Car Diagnostics with my Windows 10 Laptop PC; A link to order that is here;

ELM327 USB V2.1 OBDII OBD2 Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Tool

Along with how to install instructions:

How to Install ELM327 USB Cable on Windows and OBD2 Software | Car OBD Diagnostics, ECU Chip Tuning & Auto Repair Support

Beware of cheap Chinese clones of the ELM327 cable - if you see one that's priced for $10-$15 it probably will not function properly; I've read a lot of reviews of people complaining that their much cheaper cable can not properly access the appcar-diagfca software. The ELM327 cable from Total Car Diagnostics works - I've used it myself with no issues; You can read more here;

ELM327 USB V2.1 OBDII OBD2 Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Tool

There are also Blue Tooth options if you don't want to deal with the USB cable;

Here is a ELM327 Bluetooth device. It must be ELM327 compatible.

You will need a laptop with Bluetooth capabilities and Bluetooth must be turned on. If not you can purchase one of these.

It used to be that the software was coded specifically to your VIN and you could only use it on that VIN and it was $49.00 per download; Now they offer several different options which you can see below;

You purchase the software online from the link at the top of this thread and then download the software from a link which is emailed to you. It usually takes just a few minutes. They now offer 1, 2, 5 and unlimited use licenses, which is great for multiple jeep owners.

1 VIN $49
2 VINS $69
5 VINS $99
Unlimited VINS $299

Once you download the appcar-diagfca software, I'd recommend reviewing all of the information in the 2 links below before you try to use it;

How to Install ELM327 USB Cable on Windows and OBD2 Software | Car OBD Diagnostics, ECU Chip Tuning & Auto Repair Support

How to Use it – Appcar DiagFCA – diagnostic tool

More information on using the appcar-diagfca software when connecting with a windows 10 laptop using the ELM327 USB cable here:

TPMS issue

Special thanks to members @CP07 and @Legofan for their contributions on this subject.

See less See more
#5 ·
I've never tried, but, I don't see why it couldn't be done; You should be able to burn all the necessary files to a disk and reinstall them on another PC.

The program itself is VIN specific - unless you buy the version of it that is good for multiple VINS.

#10 ·
just a side question...for us new Commander owners...why would you want to disable this? mine goes haywire all the time and looses connection but it eventually comes back online....sometimes 1 or 2 tires other times all 4...i just joke with the wife "oh no we lost a wheel...or 2 or all four wheels fell off" hahaha

#12 · (Edited)
A lot of people buy aftermarket rims with bigger tires; The factory TPM sensors can not be removed without damaging them (trust me I tried); I had aftermarket rims which I swapped out immediately upon buying my XK and had no intention of putting new TPM sensors on them; It was quite gratifying to put out that irritating orange light forever!!

I never cared for the TPM sensor system anyway; If you can't check your tire pressure visually & with a tire pressure gauge, you probably shouldn't be driving.

People and society in general, have become all too reliant on technology, for the most basic of tasks.

#11 ·
For me personally, I want to disable because I am not running any tire sensors and don't want the dash light. But I suspect another popular reason would be when airing down off road it gets rid of the light. Or a spare tire in/on the jeep without a sensor, which would also cause the dash indicator to light up.

#17 ·
The bluetooth adapter arrived today. I used the Appcar-DiagFCA software to check things out on the Jeep. I turned off the TPM which is nice not to be bothered by that anymore. While checking it all out the only stored and active codes were for the Brake assist and the HVAC control. All other codes were clear. I cleared all stored codes and then turned off the vehicle. I checked again and the only codes showing up were for the two items listed above. So it's time to do some more research into the issue. Thank you Blue for all your help and the links to the software and cables and tips.

#20 ·
The software works great. I'm back to having no dash light warnings.
That my friend is great news....congrats!! Did that resolve your remote start issue - or are you still hashing that one out? Did you get the link in your other thread that I sent you for the new hood switch?

#27 ·
Blue, update on my remote start. It's still not working. I've replaced the hood switch, the doors are locking properly, the rear hatch is closed and locked. The vehicle is in park. There are no dash lights, there are no stored codes except for the park assist. When I double click the FOB button the lights will flash and the horn honks once. When I'm close to the Jeep it sounds like I hear the relay kicking in but it's still not starting. I'm wondering if I have another control fuse or relay out or if the module is out. I don't know where the remote start control module is located.
So for now I'll just accept that it doesn't work.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this

#28 ·
Blue, update on my remote start. It's still not working. I've replaced the hood switch, the doors are locking properly, the rear hatch is closed and locked. The vehicle is in park. There are no dash lights, there are no stored codes except for the park assist. When I double click the FOB button the lights will flash and the horn honks once. When I'm close to the Jeep it sounds like I hear the relay kicking in but it's still not starting. I'm wondering if I have another control fuse or relay out or if the module is out. I don't know where the remote start control module is located.
So for now I'll just accept that it doesn't work.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this
Did you check your fuses in the junction block? Particularly the fuse for Module-Sentry Key Remote Entry?

#30 · (Edited)
Sounds like a plan Jerry, keep me posted if you don't mind.

I did find this thumbing though a 2007 XK owners manual though;

In order to remote start your vehicle, the hood, liftgate,
and all of the doors must be closed.

To remote start your vehicle, press the “Lock” button on
the key fob once, then within three seconds press the
“Remote Start” button twice.
To indicate that the vehicle
is about to start, the parking lights will flash and the horn
will sound briefly.

Once the vehicle has started, the engine will run for 15
minutes. To cancel remote start, press the “Remote Start”
button twice within two seconds.

To enter the vehicle while the engine is running during a
remote start, you must first unlock the vehicle using the
“Unlock” button on the key fob. After the vehicle is
unlocked, you have 60 seconds to enter the vehicle, insert
the key into the ignition, and move it to the RUN
position. Otherwise, the engine will cancel remote start
and automatically turn off.

Remote start will also cancel if any of the following occur:

• If the engine stalls or RPM exceeds 2500
• Any engine warning lamps come on
• The hood is opened
• The hazard switch is pressed
• The transmission is moved out of P (Park).

The vehicle can be started remotely up to a maximum of
two times. The vehicle is also allowed a maximum of one
failed start, where the remote start sequence was initiated
but cancelled before the engine begins to crank. After
either of these conditions, or if the Vehicle Theft Alarm is
alarming, or if the PANIC button was pressed, the vehicle
must be reset by inserting a valid key into the ignition
and moving it to the RUN position, then back to LOCK.

#32 ·
You are quite welcome. Glad you enjoyed it & welcome to the forum @Umbrelalala. Post some pics of your XK and a brief introduction over in the new member section when you're able;

#33 ·
I have a cheapo bluetooth OBD2 adaptor and I used the software OBD JScan (Android, I think there's an iOS version too) to disable my TPMS. It only cost $27 CAD per VIN (~$20 USD). Seems to do a pretty good job of scanning all the various modules and allowing all sorts of modifications. This could be a cheaper options for some, I'm not sure how the two apps compare on other features, though.

#59 ·
i dropped the TPMS with appcar probably 9 mos ago, no issues, no other warnings.

@Yourtruckerfriend with a little trial and error i was able reset the tire diameter in the app as well to correct the speedometer compare to GPS... in your case you could set it a little the "other way" and always show state farm you roll like a granny! :p

#60 ·
I figured out the ins app hits me if I go a full mile overspeed. And I do roll like a granny ..it's the imaginary 53' trailer I'm used to pulling behind my semi haha..I didnt do it so much on my 1700 triumph tho..just sometimes swung a little wide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.