35's anyone? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

35's anyone?

Is anyone on here running a lift big enough to accomodate a 35" tire? Has it ever been done? I realize that the 33" is whats commonly applied when utilizing the 4" super lift kit. Just was wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedMeXKan View Post
Is anyone on here running a lift big enough to accomodate a 35" tire? Has it ever been done? I realize that the 33" is whats commonly applied when utilizing the 4" super lift kit. Just was wondering.
No one is running a 35 inch tire on the commander. To fit that size tire you would need a lot more then just a 4 inch superlift. Guys with the superlift have to do trimming just to fit 33's. It would probablly take some custom flares and extra spacers on top of the superlift to even think about 35's.

My goal is to run 34 inch Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar in the near future. Just to fit a 34 im planning on running a 4 inch superlift, custom spacer front/rear and trimming 1 inch off front/rear flares and im sure ill still have a lot of rubbing.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Points: 9,601, Level: 65 Points: 9,601, Level: 65 Points: 9,601, Level: 65
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%

that is what AEV did to get 40's on thier Commander

Ford F150

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberCommander View Post
that is what AEV did to get 40's on thier Commander
That and push the rear axle back 5 inches so the tires wouldnt rub the rear doors.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
That and push the rear axle back 5 inches so the tires wouldnt rub the rear doors.

And oh is she beautiful. LiftedMe, Do some searching around the forum and there is some information on the build process of this XK.

And 07, I hope you are serious about trying to get the 34s. That would be amazing

Aaron's 2006 Commander 4.7 V8 QT-II:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

--
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Points: 1,124, Level: 18 Points: 1,124, Level: 18 Points: 1,124, Level: 18
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerCommander View Post

And oh is she beautiful. LiftedMe, Do some searching around the forum and there is some information on the build process of this XK.

And 07, I hope you are serious about trying to get the 34s. That would be amazing
The only way to get this much rubber under the XK is the custom Fender Flares and lots of cutting. I just talked to Mike at AEV today.....looking into relocating stock flares for now. Anyone have an extra set of Bushwacker cut outs for an XJ? Lets see if those come close....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Moved to Suspension/Tire section.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerCommander View Post

Serious as a heart attack. I will have 34 inch Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar next. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGarage View Post
The only way to get this much rubber under the XK is the custom Fender Flares and lots of cutting. I just talked to Mike at AEV today.....looking into relocating stock flares for now. Anyone have an extra set of Bushwacker cut outs for an XJ? Lets see if those come close....
Not necessarily true. Im going to do custom work to the front/rear stock fenders and trim off approx 1 inch all the way around. The rear portion of the rear flares ill probablly cut closer to 2 inches off. Ill be getting the BDS rear upper and lower adjustable control arms so that I can push back the axle approx. 1 inch to keep the tires out of the rear door. As for the front im going to cut the area where the pinch weld is at an angle and weld in a piece of steel there to strengthen it which will give me a few more inches of clearance there. Also Im sure ill be running some sort of custom front/rear spacer like phunkeydude with HD UCA's.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-23-2009 at 05:43 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

I don't want to, but I will say it anyways, silly newbie 07JeepXk already mentioned this in his earlier post. For the most part, everything that AEV did to their Iceland XK that they are willing to talk about we know about already. There are some serious people on here that have invested a lot of time looking into this. AEV is putting it up for sale soon, so maybe someone can just buy it and figure out what they did! http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=715

Between Dh's ghetto whip and others that have built ontop of the Superlift, I have no doubt that it can be done. I can definitely see the rear fenders and doors being the biggest issue... best of luck and keep us updated!

This Commander has a stacked front suspension on top of their 4" lift that can definitely fit bigger tires in the front, and I dont feel like sifting through Dh's thread to find out what he could have fit.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...?t=6129&page=2

Aaron's 2006 Commander 4.7 V8 QT-II:
---
---

--
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I might even start cutting, hacking and welding stuff in the next few weeks. The wife just got a used vehicle on monday so the XK is no longer our only vehicle.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Im going to see if my wifes cousing can make me custom inner fender wells to replace the plastic ones that have to come out when I cut the flares. He works with sheet metal for a living and im sure he can make something for me. Then ill just spray it with black ruberized undercoating like I did the pinch weld!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in